SIMULIA V5 Portfolio
CATIA V5 Analysis Products
Generative Part Structural Analysis allows designers to understand how their designs behave and to accurately calculate the displacements and stresses within the part under a variety of loading conditions. It also allows the vibration characteristics of parts to be assessed by calculating the natural frequencies and the associated mode shapes. Analyses can be performed on volume parts, surface parts and wireframe geometries.
- Backbone of the CATIA V5 Analysis solution
- Allows designers to more accurately size parts and understand the mechanical behavior of their designs
- Provides rapid and accurate assessment of stress, displacement, and vibration characteristics
- Analysis is performed within the CAD environment so the analysis model is fully associative with the CAD geometry and specification
- Tightly integrated with knowledge-based engineering
- Seamless analysis data management within PLM
Generative Assembly Structural Analysis extends the capability of Generative Part Structural Analysis, allowing designers to analyze assemblies as well as individual parts. The analysis of assemblies, including an accurate representation of the way the parts interact and are connected, allows for more realistic and accurate simulation.
- Achieves fast and accurate structural and modal analysis of an assembly
- Uses the assembly constraints and parts’ material specifications from the design
- Provides a wide range of connections and interactions
- Simulates the effect of bolt tightening and pressure fitting
- Supports assembly of analysis for efficient concurrent engineering
Generative Dynamic Response Analysis allows users to study the response of their designs to dynamic loading. This allows designers to ensure early in the design phase that their designs do not suffer from resonance and other dynamic effects. Generative Dynamic Response Analysis provides both transient and harmonic analysis.
- Extends Generative Part Structural Analysis with dynamic response analysis
- Provides forced transient and harmonic response analysis
- Benefits from the unique native and associative CAD/CAE integration
- Provides efficient tools to interpret and understand the dynamic behavior of designs
FEM Surface provides advanced meshing capability for complex surface and wireframe parts. Meshes generated on geometry are fully associative with the geometry and FEM Surface provides more control and more sophisticated meshing algorithms than the standard surface meshing capability in Generative Part Structural Analysis.
- Automatic surface meshing incorporating geometric simplification
- Meshes are fully associative with the geometry
- High degree of user control of the meshing process
- Interactive mesh editing tools for ultimate control over the mesh
- Compatible and non-compatible meshing
- Color visualization and analysis of mesh quality
- Automated meshing using Knowledgeware
- Mesh smoothing
FEM Solid is intended for the specialist that wants to mesh complex solid geometry quickly and efficiently while retaining a lot of control over the resulting element quality and the number of elements in the mesh. FEM Solid provides a tetrahedral filler meshing algorithm and also provides tools to create hexahedral meshes. Various pre-defined and customizable criteria for mesh quality can be displayed.
- Includes a tetrahedral filler algorithm with full mesh control
- Allows the creation of hexahedral meshes
- Meshes are fully associative with the geometry
- Visualization and analysis of mesh quality
- Automated meshing using Knowledgeware
Elfini Structural Analysis extends the capabilities of the Generative Part Structural Analysis product to include multiple analysis cases for static, frequency, and buckling analysis. This product is more tailored to the needs of specialists, while maintaining a consistent user interface between specialists and design engineers.
- Enables the creation and simultaneous solution of multiple load cases for static, static constraint modes, frequency, and buckling analysis
- Provides advanced variable bearing loads, thermal loads, and the import of generalized variable loads from external applications
- Enhances the visualization of all analysis specifications with the display of loads, restraintsand mass on the mesh or geometry, including the visualization of analysis results with image customization and the simultaneous display of multiple images
- Includes state-of-the-art high performance solution technology, including parallel processing and Lanczos solution, for the faster solution of large models
- Allows vibration analysis of pre-stressed parts
- Allows reports to be customized
SIMULIA V5 Overview
Thermal Analysis extends the CATIA V5 Analysis capabilities, allowing designers to understand the thermal behavior of their designs. The steady-state or transient temperature distribution can be calculated in response to the direct heating of a surface, the flow of a fluid past a surface, or the specified temperature of the surface. The thermal material properties can be temperature-dependent. When analyzing assemblies, the conductivity across the interface between contacting parts can be specified.
- Calculates the temperature distribution in a part or assembly
- Determines the steady-state or transient thermal response
- Material properties can be temperature-dependent
- Allows the conduction of heat between parts in an assembly
Nonlinear Structural Analysis extends the CATIA V5 Analysis capabilities to allow more advanced simulation that includes nonlinear effects, such as large displacements and material nonlinearity. Material plasticity, typical of metals, can be modeled, as can the nonlinear elasticity in hyperelastic materials like rubber. Nonlinear Structural Analysis also provides more advanced contact capability including the automatic creation of contact surfaces based on their geometric proximity.
- Includes the effect of large displacements
- Allows the plastic deformation of materials to be modeled
- Models the nonlinear elasticity of rubber and other hyperelastic materials
- Multi-step analysis allows the effect of multiple sequential loadings to be analyzed
- Provides advanced contact capability including automatic contact detection
- Performs thermal stress analysis when used in conjunction with Thermal Analysis
Rule Based Meshing extends the capabilities of FEM Surface to enable automated and higher quality surface meshing for all workflows that use CATIA meshing tools. Rule Based Meshing gives the user a means to specify globally the desired meshing treatment of entities such as holes, fillets, and beads. RMB also gives the user a means to specify acceptable element quality criteria, such as minimum edge length, aspect ratio, and skewness.
- Enables fully automatic meshing of complex surface geometry
- Results in higher quality surface meshes with fewer elements
- Governs the treatment of common geometric entities through user-defined rules
- Creates meshes with the desired level of quality with pre-specified mesh-quality targets
- Provides consistent meshing results for all geometries subjected to the same meshing
- Offers meshing rules appropriate to the target discipline (NVH, crash, etc.)
Abaqus for CATIA V5
Abaqus for CATIA V5 brings Abaqus finite element analysis technology into the CATIA V5 user environment. CATIA V5 provides the powerful and flexible design capabilities, and Abaqus for CATIA V5 makes the design model and the simulation model one and the same. The result is a complete package for deploying proven Abaqus finite element analysis-based simulation throughout the design process.
We’ve teamed up with global leaders in a number of different industries, including consumer electronics, automotive and aerospace, to help set the development direction for Abaqus for CATIA V5 by specifying and evaluating new features. With the benefit of their input, Abaqus for CATIA V5 tackles a range of high-value workflows without leaving CATIA V5. Automation and scripting tools open Abaqus for CATIA V5 to customization and additional efficiencies for scenarios that you perform on a regular basis.
Overview of Abaqus for CATIA V5:
- Scalable solution that accelerates product development by enabling design engineers using CATIA V5 to reuse their geometric models and perform advanced simulations using Abaqus with full associativity between geometric and analysis models
- Fully integrated solution that provides access to CATIA V5 meshing tools and postprocessing capabilities
- Support for CATIA V5 advanced connections, Knowledgeware, publications, model optimization, and analysis assembly
- Linear and nonlinear static, dynamic, and thermal analysis capabilities
- Powerful techniques for modeling complex multipart interactions in assemblies
- Leverage CATIA-defined linear material properties, or extend to include nonlinear properties