This course is a comprehensive and unified introduction to the modeling and analysis capabilities of Abaqus. It teaches you how to solve linear and nonlinear problems, submit and monitor analysis jobs and view simulation results using the interactive interface of Abaqus.
The following products are covered by this seminar: Abaqus/CAE, Abaqus/Standard and Abaqus/Explicit.
The course covers the following topics:
- Linear and nonlinear structural analysis
- Static, dynamic and heat transfer analysis
- Material models: linear elasticity, hyperelasticity and metal plasticity.
- Loads and constraints
- Modeling contact
- Selecting the appropriate elements for your problem
- Feature-based modeling, parts and assemblies
- Working with CAD geometry and imported meshes
- Mesh generation techniques
- Creating, submitting and monitoring analysis jobs
- Viewing simulation results
- Restarting an analysis
The course is divided into lectures, demonstrations and workshops.
The course's workshops are integral to the training. They are designed to reinforce concepts presented during the lectures and demonstrations. They are intended to provide users with the experience of running and trouble-shooting actual Abaqus analyses.
Who should attend
New Abaqus users who will primarily use Abaqus/CAE to create their models should attend this seminar. No previous knowledge of Abaqus is required, but some basic knowledge of finite elements, interactive modeling and continuum mechanics is desirable.
The overview provides details of the topics covered in each lecture. Please note that the actual course agenda may vary depending on location.
Schedule and Registration
- Click here to view the schedule
Click here for a complete listing of Abaqus classes on the 3DEXPERIENCE Edu SPACE platform