Choosing an element is one of the most fundamental questions that users must answer as they build a finite element model. Many issues should be considered when selecting an element, including:
- Is there contact in the model?
- Is the material behavior fully or nearly incompressible?
- Will the element bend during the analysis?
- Is the structure thick or thin?
- Will the mesh become severely distorted?
- What results are needed from the analysis?
- Is the analysis a static or dynamic simulation?
This course provides a brief overview of the distinguishing characteristics of the wide range of continuum and structural elements available in Abaqus for stress analyses. It explains modeling features that may cause certain types of elements to behave poorly.
Examples and workshops are used to illustrate the consequences of choosing the incorrect elements for a given problem.
Who Should Attend
This course is recommended for engineers with experience using Abaqus.
The overview provides details of the topics covered in each lecture. Please note that the actual course agenda may vary depending on location.
Schedule and Registration
- Click here to view the schedule
Education Partner Training
Click here for a listing of partner-led training classes.
Click here for a complete listing of Abaqus classes on the Companion Learning Space platform.