Introduction to Tosca Structure
Tosca Structure provides topology, shape, sizing and bead optimization for mechanical structures based on simulation results from industry standard FEA packages. These methods accelerate and improve the reliable design of lightweight, rigid and durable components and systems. In addition, including optimization in your product design cycle has the potential to significantly reduce the required number of expensive improvement loops and prototypes.
This course is a comprehensive introduction to the structural optimization capabilities of Tosca Structure:
- Solving fundamental topology, shape, sizing and bead optimization problems
- Results evaluation
- Integration of optimization into the development process
- User interfaces for an efficient workflow
The topics covered include:
- Introduction to structural optimization with Tosca Structure
- Optimization workflow in different user environments (Tosca ANSATM environment, Tosca Structure.gui, Tosca Extension for ANSYS Workbench)
- Getting the best structure: topology optimization with Tosca Structure.topology
- Effective and quick evaluation: Visualization, postprocessing and result validation
- Improving durability, stress reduction, increasing frequencies: shape optimization with Tosca Structure.shape
- Optimal design for sheet metal structures: shell thickness optimization with sizing
- Maximizing stiffness of sheet metal structures: bead optimization with Tosca Structure.bead
- Integration of Tosca Structure in your development process: Interaction with FE-Solvers and result transfer for CAD
Who should attend
This seminar is recommended for all new Tosca Structure users, independent of the FE-Solver and Pre-/Postprocessing environment in use. Participants should have some basic knowledge of CAE in order for the course to be effective. Experience with structural optimization techniques is not required, however.
The overview provides details of the topics covered in each lecture. Please note that the actual course agenda may vary depending on location.
Schedule and Registration