BIOVIA SCIENCECLOUD FOR COLLABORATION
TRANSFORMING SCIENTIFIC COLLABORATION
To keep up in today’s ultra-competitive marketplaces, companies must place a premium on R&D productivity and efficiency. Increasingly, software solutions are implemented using cloud technology, leading to faster deployment, lower IT overhead and total cost of ownership, and increased security.
BIOVIA ScienceCloud is a scalable, cloud-based solution that supports the modern collaborative research environment. It is purpose-built to facilitate rapid deployment of both internal and external projects, and provides a secure unified environment for a wide swath of informatics solutions from BIOVIA.
What Does ScienceCloud Do?
Today’s research networks are growing in both size and complexity, combining numerous partners with diverse project objectives. Externalized drug discovery introduces substantial data and project management challenges:
- How do you secure the IP of different parties and share project data in real time?
- How do you ensure that team members can only access what he/she is authorized to see?
- How do you quickly spin up and down dynamic collaborations?
- How do you keep team members informed of program progress?
BIOVIA ScienceCloud provides an integrated suite of project-centered applications which are available to all team members wherever they are, at any time. It helps to define roles to ensure clear lines of who owns what IP. ScienceCloud leverages social communication to connect teams empowering researchers to capture and search user and application feeds, post from both internal and external systems, and share and leverage crowd knowledge.
Ensuring effective collaboration across today’s distributed research networks means making sure scientists have access to the right data on demand. However, exclusively on-premise solutions require establishing complex IT solutions to allow internal scientists behind company firewalls when they are off site and external scientists to submit data when experiments conclude.
BIOVIA ScienceCloud supports flexible cloud and hybrid on-premises deployments to provide simplified, secure access to data on demand while leveraging your existing IT infrastructure. Scientists can access, search and share project data anywhere and anytime, view project status and communicate results, post and read project-related, receive Twitter-like updates and instant notifications of new information and engage with external partners using their phone.
The confidentiality, integrity, and availability of project data are paramount to the operation and success of collaboration on the cloud. The ScienceCloud Security Team is committed to applying all standard technologies, guidelines, and best practices that are widely used in the cloud industry. A testament to that commitment is that we consistently maintain ISO 27001 certification for ScienceCloud.
Components / Modules
BIOVIA ScienceCloud provides a comprehensive collection of scalable tools to support collaborative teams across global research networks:
- Project Data – A collaboration-oriented scientific data management space
- Experiments (BIOVIA Notebook) – A flexible, multi-disciplinary, low cost of ownership electronic lab notebook
- Inventory (BIOVIA CISPro) – A unified system to track and report chemicals, biological, instruments and supplies
- Assay – A lightweight web application to analyze and manage plate-based screening data
- Sample for Assay – A powerful application to automate non-value added tasks in managing plate-based samples
- Analysis – A flexible application for advanced data analysis and visualization