Biovia Task Plan
INTEGRATED TASK REQUEST, ASSIGNMENT AND RESULTS REVIEW
LABORATORY WORK MANAGEMENT
Laboratories receive a plethora of work requests every day. These requests typically consist of one or more activities executed in a specific order and with dependencies. To ensure smooth laboratory operations it is critical to manage the lab tasks effectively from submission to fulfillment and to respond to new requirements in an agile way. Transparency into the status of lab work will provide an overview of tasks, queues and due dates and help avoid bottlenecks.
BIOVIA Task Plan is a web-based application that enables scientists to easily plan, request, assign and execute laboratory processes. It supports the way scientists work in the lab. Flexible activity templates enable users to configure and manage activities that map to critical laboratory workflows for analytical and mechanical tests, chemical synthesis processes, biological testing, protein puri-fication processes, polymerization, formulations optimization, and more. Business processes such as approvals, notifications, and routing can all be defined in accordance with organizational needs.
REFLECTING LAB PROCESSES
BIOVIA Task Plan supports the typical processes in the lab like the preparation and the testing of solutions and materials, the calibration and verification of laboratory equipment and the data acquisition from instruments. Additionally, scientists can monitor task progress by reviewing laboratory planning, schedules and performance, and collate task results for review, analysis, and reporting.
ON CLOUD OR ON PREMISES
BIOVIA Task Plan can be deployed on the cloud, using the infrastructure of BIOVIA ScienceCloud, in a validation-ready private cloud environment. Cloud deployment minimizes IT overhead and ensures security procedures are carried out by dedicated professional security experts. BIOVIA Task Plan can also be deployed and validated on-premises if desired. The web-based delivery of BIOVIA Task Plan simplifies implementation, eliminating the need to install software on every user's computer, while the system’s ability to operate on low bandwidth connections ensures ease of operation anywhere in the world.
BIOVIA TASK PLAN CAPABILITIES
- Define lab activities and create tasks from available activities
- Assign tasks to samples and lab personnel
- Prioritize tasks and assign due dates
- View lists per person with tasks to be executed
- Manage the submission, routing, receiving, tracking and reporting of results
• Improve collaboration between scientists with shared workflows and appropriate task assignments
• Increase lab efficiency through better work distribution and resource allocation
• Reduce inconsistencies in assigning and tracking of experimental work across different labs
• Simplify the transition from process and method development to execution
• Improve the tracking, defining and labeling of samples associated with experimental tasks