INTEGRATED SAMPLE LIFCECYCLE AND LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT
LABORATORY SAMPLE MANAGEMENT
Proper management of samples is critical to the accuracy and reliability of testing and, therefore the confidence in the accuracy of any test results. It is also the basis for efficient work in analytical labs. But tracking samples through the lab, managing the hierarchy between parent and aliquoted samples, assigning samples to procedures, and tracing the results while keeping everything in sync is complex and time-consuming.
BIOVIA Samples is a modern web-based application that helps lab operations to manage and track samples over their entire lifecycle. It manages all aspects of sample data within the BIOVIA Unified Lab suite, making it easy for scientists to keep track of their lab samples and manage the flow of information. BIOVIA Samples helps improving consistency and efficiency, reducing errors and ensuring regulatory compliance.
A KEY PIECE OF THE LAB WORKFLOW
Samples can be created within BIOVIA Workbook, and the sample information will be automatically transferred to BIOVIA Samples. Results related to the samples will be synced back to Workbook for complete traceability. Sample information can also be sourced from systems such as SAP, and results will then be sent back to complete a Certificate of Analysis (CoA). BIOVIA Samples can also connect with instruments. It can send sample information to a chromatographic data system (CDS) to create an injection sequence, and then sample results are automatically retrieved from the CDS and linked to each sample for complete and traceable sample information in the system. This ensures seamless sample management across the lab workflow improving documentation efficiency, ensuring compliant procedure documentation and reducing manual transcription errors.
ON CLOUD OR ON PREMISES
BIOVIA Samples can be deployed on the cloud, using the infrastructure of BIOVIA ScienceCloud, in a validation-ready private cloud environment. Cloud deployment minimizes IT overhead and ensures security procedures are carried out by dedicated professional security experts. BIOVIA Samples can also be deployed and validated on-premises if desired. The web-based delivery of BIOVIA Samples simplifies implementation, eliminating the need to install software on every user's computer, while the system’s ability to operate on low bandwidth connections ensures ease of operation anywhere in the world.
BIOVIA SAMPLES CAPABILITIES
- Create samples with auto-generated or customized names
- Automatically generate sample IDs or import from other systems
- Assign samples to testing workflows and optionally to analytical procedures
- Group related samples together
- Split (aliquot) samples and specify handling and storage conditions
- Print appropriate sample labels
- Execute planned tests for samples, and enter results through integration with BIOVIA Capture
- Mark samples as received or collected or for disposal
- Track status and location of samples
- Improved consistency of sample tracking and data management across different labs
- Increased lab efficiency through centralized sample management and transfer from other systems
- Reduced risk of errors of manual transcription errors in sample labelling and data collection
- Compliance of sample procedure documentation related to all samples in the lab