It is important to calibrate advanced material models for simulation, so that the response of the mathematical model used during simulation matches the material’s tested physical behavior. This course is an introduction to the optimization methods embedded in the Materials Calibration app. Test data can be imported, edited, and a math model optimized to fit the data. Plotting and other outputs help the user to determine the goodness of fit. Afterwards, a core material can be created for use in the 3DEXPERIENCE platform structural simulation apps, and/or an *.inp file can be exported for use in Abaqus.
The course covers the following topics:
- Importing and plotting material test data
- Configuring and calibrating material models
- Using optimization settings
- Generating additional outputs
- Creating a core material in the 3DEXPERIENCE platform
- Exporting materials for use in an Abaqus input file
The course is divided into lectures and workshops. The course's workshops are integral to the training. They are designed to reinforce concepts presented during the lectures. They are intended to provide users with the experience of running and trouble-shooting actual durability simulations.
Who should attend
Analysts and engineers who perform material calibrations will benefit from attending this class. For the R2019x release, this course is intended for the following roles:
- Mechanical Analyst
- Structural Mechanics Engineer
- Additive Manufacturing Researcher
- Materials Calibration Specialist
The following course is required prior to taking this one:
- Structural Model Creation Essentials
The overview provides details of the topics covered in each lecture. Please note that the actual course agenda may vary depending on location.
Schedule and Registration
Education Partner Training
Click here for a listing of partner-led training classes.
Click here for a complete listing of 3DEXPERIENCE classes on the 3DEXPERIENCE Edu SPACE platform