This course is the ideal way to obtain a working knowledge of how to use Abaqus for crashworthiness analysis. The course covers the following topics:
- Abaqus fundamentals and input syntax
- General "automatic" contact modeling
- Element selection for crash
- Constraints and connections modeling
- Material models used in crash simulation
- Multiple mechanism damage and failure modeling
The course uses examples derived from actual industrial applications to reinforce the concepts and issues discussed in the lectures.
Who Should Attend
New and experienced users of Abaqus who will perform structural crashworthiness or occupant safety simulations. No previous knowledge of Abaqus is required, but knowledge of finite elements and engineering mechanics is necessary. The class is ideal for users who are already familiar with other crash codes and would like to transition to Abaqus. The course does not cover the use of preprocessors and introduces you to the analysis capabilities of Abaqus using the keyword interface.
The overview provides details of the topics covered in each lecture. Please note that the actual course agenda may vary depending on location.
Schedule and Registration
- Click here to view the schedule
Click here for a complete listing of Abaqus classes on the 3DEXPERIENCE Edu SPACE platform