Shape optimization improves existing designs for more reliable and durable components. Minimize stress, strain, and durability – or any combination of these – by automatic simulation-driven modification of the surface geometry.
- Improve your product quality through reduction of local stress peaks
- Increase the durability of your products through direct consideration of misuse and periodic load cases
- Use your familiar, market proved and reliable FE and durability solvers for sustainable result quality
- Direct use of existing models - without simplifications - for optimization, including contact, nonlinear materials or large deformation and optimize models including contact, non linear materials or large deformations
- Avoid time consuming model parametrisations through our direct non parametric approach
Shape optimization with Tosca Structure is the preferred tool for design improvements in later product development stages. The non-parametric approach of Tosca Structure.shape offers the maximum design freedom for a maximum optimization potential, for more durability and strength. Shape optimization slightly changes the surface geometry to minimize stress, strain, and durability peaks. This positively influences fatigue life and thus reduces the necessary maintenance intervals.