Abaqus/Explicit: Advanced Topics
The course emphasizes practical skills and techniques that are needed for analyses with Abaqus/Explicit. The following topics are included:
- The explicit dynamics method
- General contact
- Adaptive meshing
- Automatic mass scaling for impact problems
- Automatic mass scaling for quasi-static problems
- Using Abaqus/Explicit and Abaqus/Standard together to solve difficult problems, including results transfer and co-simulation
- Modeling high-strain-rate deformation and failure
- Output filtering
- Managing large models
The course uses examples derived from actual industrial applications to reinforce the concepts and issues discussed in the lectures.
Who Should Attend
This course is ideal for relatively new Abaqus/Explicit users and Abaqus/Standard users who want to learn Abaqus/Explicit.
The overview provides details of the topics covered in each lecture. Please note that the actual course agenda may vary depending on location.
Schedule and Registration
Education Partner Training
Click here for a listing of partner-led training classes.
Click here for a complete listing of Abaqus classes on the Companion Learning Space platform.