DESIGN QUIETER PRODUCTS
PowerACOUSTICS® is the leader in digital acoustic and aeroacoustic solutions for cars, heavy equipment, trains and aircraft. When coupled with PowerFLOW, PowerACOUSTICS provides visual insight into acoustic and aeroacoustic capabilities through extensive noise quality testing. The software allows users the ability to identify noise sources and provides insight into how design adjustments effects noise output and how to best optimize prototypes. PowerACOUSTICS can certify that machinary match noise level regulations and requirements to improve noise performance.
Wind Noise Transmission
Train Noise Visualization
Cabin Acoustic Flow
- Complete and advanced analyses of transient results on probes, rakes, surfaces and fluids in time and frequency domains.
- Evaluate noise metrics, cross-correlation, coherence and dozens of advanced quantities.
- Highlight sources of problems at specific frequencies by creating for instance band-filtered animations.
- Extract hidden acoustic fields from turbulent regions using the Acoustic Wavenumber Filter (AWF) technique.
- Generate audio signals to better evaluate quality and designs.
- Visualize 3-D images and animations with PowerVIZ® including realistic rendering capabilities to better connect physical mechanisms to geometry details.
- Predict noise spectra at occupant’s head generated by exterior wind noise transmitting through vehicle structure.
- Include turbulent and acoustic contributions produced by the exterior wind noise excitations.
- Fully integrated solution including validated and tailorable vehicle cabin templates handled with an embedded Statistical Energy Analysis (SEA) solver.
- Ability to export panel contributions to third party SEA solvers to leverage outputs results into in-house NVH processes.
- Play the wind noise contributions inside the cabin and evaluate importance of ear’s positions.
- Derive noise metrics such dB, dBA, sones, or Articulation Index (AI) to evaluate the noise quality.
- Analyze contributions from greenhouse and underbody panels and seals.
- Ability to import non-simulated noise contributions obtained from acoustic testing such road, tire and engine noises.
- Evaluate and compare the performances of different side mirrors, A-pillars, hood and appendages designs.
- Evaluate the relative importance of each noise contributors to target the main problems.
- Setup and vary panels and cabin properties to evaluate impact on interior noise levels.
- Quantify effect of changes to panels and interior absorption properties.
- PowerACOUSTICS' exterior wind noise best practices combined with its Noise Transmission Module has been extensively validated.
- Users can confidently rely on the accuracy and the robustness of the results to develop quieter vehicle.
- Noise can be evaluated as far as needed from the sources going beyond PowerFLOW simulation domains.
- Leverage a fully coupled far-field noise solver based on Ffowcs-Williams and Hawkings (FW-H) acoustic analogy.
- Evaluate ground reflections and absorption effects based on source image formulation.
- Predict noise from landing planes and gears, passing-by trains or construction equipment.
- Solid and permeable surface formulations are available using solid or virtual surfaces as inputs.
FAA, ISO, DIN standard procedures can be applied to FFN pressure signals.
- Perform contribution analysis from any source regions.
- Output far-field microphone signals can be plugged into inverse methods algorithms to locate noise source.
- Identify and quantify broadband flow noise sources in or around any geometries.
- Guide engineers to most important issues to efficiently reduce noise levels.
- Spatial representation of noise source field with PowerVIZ including realistic rendering capabilities.
- Clustering of noise sources to identify individual source regions.
- Identify geometry details responsible for noise by connecting sources to geometry failures.
- Source acoustics power can be used as objective functions to drive optimization studies.