The Coupled Eulerian-Lagrangian (CEL) approach in Abaqus which provides engineers and scientists with the ability to simulate a class of problems where the interaction between structures and fluids is important. This capability does not rely on the coupling of multiple software products, but instead solves the fluid-structure interaction (FSI) simultaneously within Abaqus.
- Gas-flow inflated automotive airbags
- Tire hydroplaning
- Wave loading on offshore structures
- Cosmetic product dispensing
- Fuel tank sloshing
- High-velocity impact and penetration
- Soil-structure interaction, such as excavation and gouging