What's New in Abaqus 2019
Product simulation is often performed today by engineering groups using niche simulation tools from different vendors to simulate various design attributes. The use of multiple vendor software products creates inefficiencies and increases costs. SIMULIA delivers a scalable suite of unified analysis products that allow all users, regardless of their simulation expertise or domain focus, to collaborate and seamlessly share simulation data and approved methods without loss of information fidelity.
The Abaqus Unified FEA product suite offers powerful and complete solutions for both routine and sophisticated engineering problems covering a vast spectrum of industrial applications. For example, in the automotive industry engineering work groups can consider full vehicle loads, dynamic vibration, multibody systems, impact/crash, nonlinear static, thermal coupling, and acoustic-structural coupling using a common model data structure and integrated solver technology. Best-in-class companies are taking advantage of Abaqus Unified FEA to consolidate their processes and tools, reduce costs and inefficiencies, and gain a competitive advantage.
Compute licensing for sustained usage requires access to a pool of reusable tokens: Abaqus Tokens (QAT) provide sustained computing for Abaqus only while Extended Tokens (QXT) include computing capability for Abaqus, fe-safe for durability analysis, Isight for parametric optimization and process automation, and Tosca for topology and shape optimization.
Abaqus/CAE is the dedicated pre- and post-processor for Abaqus Unified FEA. QAE trigram provides access to one seat of Abaqus/CAE. An extended license option QAX trigram provides access to one seat of Abaqus/CAE, the Isight Runtime Gateway, or fe-Safe.
The 3DEXPERIENCE Platform provides extended values for Abaqus users through Social and PLM Collaboration allowing increased productivity, collaboration, and visibility to simulation work and results throughout the Enterprise. The following 3DEXPERIENCE Simulation role connects Abaqus Unified FEA to the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform:
• Abaqus Specialist (PXA)
Abaqus capabilities are also available natively in of the 3DEXPERIENCE Simulation portfolio in the following Roles and options which deliver structural simulation on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform:
• Stress Engineer (MDS)
• Structural Stress Engineer (DRD)
• Mechanical Analyst (SMU)
• Simulation Results Analyst (SRA)
- Improved correlation between tests and analysis results
- Greater efficiency in model generation
- Improved data transfer between simulations
- Reduction in a company’s FEA toolset and training expenses
- More flexible workforce through standardization on a single complete capability for structural simulation
Abaqus Unified FEA is the world’s technology-leading suite of software for structural finite element modeling, solving, and visualization.
- Linear and nonlinear analysis including geometric, material, and contact nonlinearities.
- Material models for metals, composites, human tissue, rubber, thermoplastics, and more
- Material fracture and failure
- Robust contact capabilities
- High-performance computing
Abaqus 2019 - Unified FEA Products
Material and element enhancements
- A new 2nd order tet element C3D10 in Abaqus/Explicit provides larger stable time increment and is more computationally efficient than the existing C3D10M element
- A new shear panel element SHEAR4 in Abaqus/Standard provides efficient modeling of reinforced thin-wall structures such as can be found in airplane fuselages
- The hyperfoam material that was previously available in Abaqus/Explicit is now also available in Abaqus/Standard. Results transfer between Abaqus/Standard and Abaqus/Explicit is fully supported which enables workflows involving static preload followed by dynamic impact.
- The concrete damaged plasticity model in Explicit has been enhanced to include damage initiation and failure.
- General contact in Abaqus/Standard now supports thermal and thermal-electrical procedures.
- Initial contact stresses in Abaqus/Standard can be computed based on user-specfied stress in elements underlying the contact surface
- New contact output variables including scalar integration of contact pressure over the surface
- The bolt contact capability in Abaqus/Standard has been enhanced to more accurately represent threads without actually meshing the thread.
Linear Dynamics enhancements
- SMP parallel processing is now supported for results recovery in mode-based procedures.
- The missing mass method is now available for use within the response spectrum procedure. A common application is earthquake engineering.
Structural energy flow, power flow and acoustic radiated energy and power can now be computed for coupled structural-acoustic steady state dynamics
Modeling and visualization enhancements
- Model instances can now be used with flattended input files.
- Asymmetric axisymmetric elements CAXA/SAXA are now supported within Abaqus/CAE.
- Geometry assemblies within Abaqus/CAE can be exported into the ASAT format which simplifies interoperability with 3DEXPERIENCE applications.
- Visualization of nodal tensor fields is now supported.
Other key enhancements
- Parallel scalability of Abaqus/Explicit has been significantly improved. Performance improvements approaching 50% have been observed.
- Performance of coutour integral evaluation has significantly increased for large models.
- Performance of linear static load cases has been significantly improved.