Abaqus/Standard is a general-purpose finite-element solver whose technology is ideally suited for simulating true static and structural dynamic events. Abaqus/Standard applications include thermal-stress analysis, sealing evaluations, steady-state rolling simulation, fracture mechanics studies, heat transfer modeling, acoustics, pore pressure, etc. Abaqus/Standard has powerful linear dynamics capabilities including the AMS eigensolver which can efficiently find a large number of natural frequencies for models with a large number of degrees of freedom. Abaqus/Standard has a large library of element types for use in the wide range of its applications. It also has an extensive library of material models ranging from linear elasticity to rate-dependent kinematic plasticity to continuum damage. Users can customize and extend Abaqus/Standard through the coding of subroutines for material models, elements, loads, and boundary conditions. Abaqus/Standard is supported within the Abaqus/CAE modeling environment for all common pre- and post-processing needs.
Abaqus/Standard may be coupled with Abaqus/Explicit. A simulation that starts in Abaqus/Explicit can be continued in Abaqus/Standard and vice versa. This import functionality fallows Abaqus/Standard to be applied to those portions of the analysis that are well-suited to an implicit solution technique while Abaqus/Explicit may be applied to those portions of the analysis where high-speed, nonlinear, transient response dominates the solution.
Abaqus/Standard analysis types include:
- Nonlinear static and dynamic stress analysis
- Linear dynamics which includes a highly efficient AMS eigensolver
- Heat transfer
- Multi-physics procedures for
- Thermal/structural simulations
- Thermal/structural/electrical simulations
- Battery simulations
Abaqus/Standard element types include:
- Linear and quadratic solid elements for stress analysis
- Structural elements: shell elements, beam elements, truss elements, membrane elements
- Elements for coupled simulations
- Thermal/structural elements
- Thermal/structural/electrical elements
- Piezoelectric elements
- Pore pressure elements
- Thermal/electrochemical elements for battery cell simulation
- Special elements for modeling
- A wide range of kinematic behaviors
- Spot welds
- Adhesive connections
Abaqus/Standard material models include:
- Linear elasticity and viscoelasticity
- Nonlinear viscoelasticity
- Isotropic and kinematic plasticity
- Damage and fracture mechanics
- Multiscale and Mean-Field Homogenization
Multiphysics with Abaqus
The Abaqus product suite has significant capabilities that are used to solve multiphysics problems. Fully integrated as core Abaqus functionality these multiphysics capabilites have been applied extensively for many engineering applications on products and engineering projects.
From the same model, same element library, same material data, and same load history, an Abaqus structural FEA model can easily be extended to include additional physics interaction.