Code and Model Export
Dymola has support for exporting models and model source code. Three export alternatives with different functionality are provided.
Real-time Simulation enables the model to be used in environments not supporting the Microsoft C compilers. It is specifically designed for real-time platforms, such as the dSPACE and xPC platforms that are supported by Dymola for Hardware-In-the-Loop (HIL) simulation. Real-time simulation is part of the standard Dymola product. The following restrictions apply
- Real-time Simulation only allows export of models that use inline integration, i.e., that have embedded fixed-step integrators.
- The run-time routines exported using Real-time Simulation does not include the most advanced library routines.
Binary model export
The Binary Model Export option allows the model to be exported to other computers without requiring a Dymola license at the target system. The simulation functionality of the exported model is the same as on a computer having a Dymola license.
Source code generation
Source Code Generation exports code that can be used on any platform without the need of a Dymola license at the target system. A number of flags are available that can be used to modify the contents of the generated model code.
- Source Code Generation allows export of readable and well-documented code facilitating inspection, debugging, profiling, etc. This makes this export option suitable for advanced model-based applications, such as rapid prototyping.
- The Source Code Generation option includes the functionality provided by Real-time Simulation (without the inline integration restriction) and Binary Model Export when models are translated in Dymola or Simulink.
- The Binary Model Export and Source Code Generation options both allow export of symbol table information, e.g., model structure, variable names, types, and units as an XML file.