The success of many structural designs requires a thorough understanding of both the thermal and mechanical response of the design. Temperature-dependent material properties, thermally induced deformation, and temperature variations all may be important design considerations. This course introduces you to the heat transfer and thermal-stress capabilities available within 3DEXPERIENCE. Practical examples and workshops are used to illustrate these capabilities.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Perform steady-state and transient heat transfer simulations
- Perform sequentially-coupled, fully-coupled and adiabatic thermal-stress analyses
- Model contact in heat transfer problems
This course is intended for all roles that enable the Structural Scenario Creation and Mechanical Scenario Creation apps, including:
- Structural Performance Engineer
- Structural Mechanics Engineer
- Structural Analysis Engineer
The following course is required prior to taking this one:
- Structural Simulation Essentials (or equivalent)
The course is divided into lectures and workshops. The course's workshops are integral to the training. They are designed to reinforce concepts presented during the lectures. They are intended to provide users with the experience of running and trouble-shooting simulations. The overview provided below provides details of the topics covered in each lecture. Please note that the actual course agenda may vary depending on location.
Schedule & Registration
- Click here to view the schedule
Click here for a complete listing of on-demand learning experiences for 3DEXPERIENCE Simulation roles on 3DEXPERIENCE Edu SPACE.