This course is an introduction to the Model Simulation and Result steps of structural simulation using the apps enabled by the Structural Mechanics Engineer role on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform. You can use geometry imported/created on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform, or designed with SOLIDWORKS Desktop and then imported using the SOLIDWORKS Connected app.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Create complete Finite Element models for structural and thermal simulations
- Perform structural (linear and nonlinear; statics and dynamics) and thermal simulations
- Enable explicit dynamic procedures allowing for simulation of highly nonlinear impact or quasi-static simulations
- View and evaluate simulation results
The course is divided into lectures, demonstrations and workshops. The course's demonstrations and workshops are integral to the training. They are designed to reinforce concepts presented during the lectures. They are intended to provide users with the experience of running and trouble-shooting actual simulations.
Who should attend
This course is intended for the following role(s):
Structural Mechanics Engineer, Structural Analysis Engineer, Composite Structures Analysis Engineer, Durability and Mechanics Engineer, Structural and Durability Engineer or Additive Manufacturing Analysis Engineer.
The overview provides details of the topics covered in each lecture. Please note that the actual course agenda may vary depending on location.
Schedule and Registration
- Click here to view the schedule
Click here for a complete listing of 3D EXPERIENCE classes on the 3DEXPERIENCE Edu SPACE platform