The User Routines training explains how to add user-defined functionality to Simpack by means of Fortran subroutines.
The course covers the following topics:
- Overview of user routines
- Modeling Element categories suitable for User Routines
- Compiling and binding User Routines
- Introduction to User Routine templates
- Simpack access functions
- Dimension and unit handling
- Force Element and Filter examples
- Using debuggers
- Mixed language programming (Fortran/C/C++)
The course is divided into lectures and workshops. The course's workshops are integral parts of the training. They are designed to reinforce concepts presented during the lectures. They are intended to provide users with the experience of running and trouble-shooting actual simulations.
Who should attend and prerequisites
Simpack users wishing to extend Simpack’s built-in functionality by user written Modeling Elements will benefit from this course. Before undertaking the course, you are required to have completed the Introduction to Simpack training course. Basic programming knowledge is also required.
The overview provides details of the topics covered in each lecture. Please note that the actual course agenda may vary depending on location.
Schedule and Registration
- Click here to view the schedule
Click here for a complete listing of Simpack classes on the 3DEXPERIENCE Edu SPACE platform