Obtaining converged solutions for highly nonlinear simulations can sometimes be challenging. Difficulties can arise, especially in simulations involving contact, complicated material models and geometrically unstable behavior. Many years of practical experience in understanding and resolving convergence issues have been condensed into this course.
Using both workshops and practical examples in the lectures, you will learn:
- How nonlinear problems are solved in Abaqus
- How to develop Abaqus models that will converge
- How to identify modeling errors that cause models to experience convergence difficulties
- How to recognize when a problem is too difficult or too ill-posed to be solved effectively
Who should attend
This course is recommended for engineers with experience using Abaqus/Standard.
The overview provides details of the topics covered in each lecture. Please note that the actual course agenda may vary depending on location.
Schedule and Registration
- Click here to view the schedule
Click here for a complete listing of Abaqus classes on the 3DEXPERIENCE Edu SPACE platform.