Abaqus includes several advanced techniques for modeling extreme deformation and fluid flow.
The pure Eulerian analysis capability in Abaqus/Explicit allows for effective modeling of fluid flows and extremely large deformations in solids. Coupling the power of this capability with the traditional Lagrangian approach makes it possible to simulate complicated multiphysics phenomena such as fluid-structure interactions where highly deformable materials interact with relatively stiff bodies.
The need for modeling high-velocity impacts, extremely violent fluid flows, and material phase changes requires the use of Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics, a meshless Lagrangian method capable of solving these challenging problems efficiently.
This seminar aims at providing users with a solid understanding of the Coupled Eulerian-Lagrangian (CEL) and Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamic (SPH) methods and illustrating approaches to setting-up and analyzing real world problems using these advanced analysis methods.
The topics include:
- Introduction to the Coupled Eulerian-Lagrangian (CEL) method
- Creating an appropriate Eulerian mesh
- Defining the initial material location within an Eulerian mesh
- Initial conditions, boundary conditions and loads to material in the Eulerian domain
- Using general contact to model Eulerian-Lagrangian interactions
- Model fluids using the equation of state material model
- Visualize material boundaries within the Eulerian domain
- Introduction to the Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamic (SPH) method
- Creating an appropriate SPH mesh
- Automatic conversion of conventional continuum elements to SPH particles based on specified criteria
- Defining initial conditions, boundary conditions, and loads on SPH particles
- Contact interactions between SPH particles an element-based or analytical surface
- Advanced SPH model parameters and controls
- Comparison of the CEL and SPH approaches
Who should attend
This seminar is recommended for engineers with experience using Abaqus.
The overview provides details of the topics covered in each lecture. Please note that the actual course agenda may vary depending on location.
Schedule and Registration
Education Partner Training
Click here for a listing of partner-led training classes.
Click here for a complete listing of Abaqus classes on the Companion Learning Space platform.