This course addresses the topics of induced magnetic signatures, permanent magnetic signatures and cathodic protection which act as main sources of the signatures.
Upon completion of this course, you will be familiar with:
- Induced magnetic signatures
- Static signature due to deflection of the earth’s magnetic field by large ferrous objects
- Dynamic (eddy current) signature due to movement of the vessel in the Earth’s field
- Permanent magnetic signatures
- Caused by remnant field in the structure
- Cathodic protection systems and resulting electric and magnetic signatures
- Designed to fight corrosion but contribute to the vessel’s signature
Electromagnetic Simulation Engineers primarily in ship building and defense industries
Introduction to Opera-3d
The overview provides details of the topics covered in each lecture. Please note that the actual course agenda may vary depending on location.
Click here to see the on-demand course on 3DEXPERIENCE Edu SPACE platform