Isight is a powerful tool for creating flexible simulation workflows using an extensive library of built-in components. However, it is possible to extend this library by developing custom components which can provide interfaces to third-party simulation codes and/or extend existing components via custom plug-ins using the power of the Java development language.
This course covers the process of designing, building, publishing, debugging and testing custom components and plug-ins, utilizing the Isight SDK. The course is highly interactive with a strong emphasis on practical workshops using a standard Integrated Development Environment (IDE).
The course covers the following topics:
- Isight component architecture and introduction to the Isight SKD
- Building and testing an Isight component with a custom User Interface
- Interfacing with third-party simulation codes written in other languages such as Fortran
- Extending the behavior of existing Isight library components
- Introduction o the Isight developers plug-in and debugging features using Eclipse IDE
- Build a custom DOE (Design of Experiments) method plug-in
Who should attend
The course is recommended for simulation analysts and methods developers who have experience with Isight. Students should be familiar with software development using the Java language.
The overview provides details of the topics covered in each lecture. Please note that the actual course agenda may vary depending on location.
Schedule and Registration
- Click here to view the schedule
Education Partner Training
Click here for a listing of partner-led training classes.
Click here for a complete listing of Isight classes on the 3DEXPERIENCE Edu SPACE platform