Introduction to PowerFLOW
This two-day introductory class is intended for new users of PowerFLOW who have already started to use PowerCASE and PowerVIZ. The class uses a simplified external aerodynamics flow around a passenger vehicle to explain key concepts and provides you with valuable information to help you use PowerFLOW for routine simulations for any application.
Upon completion of the course you will be able to:
- Understand basic PowerFLOW concepts.
- Understand basic geometry preparation requirements for PowerFLOW simulation.
- Generate a basic PowerFLOW aerodynamics simulation case.
- Postprocess and analyze PowerFLOW results to understand basic aerodynamics application.
- Understand basic Lattice Boltzmann Method theory.
The course is divided into lectures, demonstrations and workshops.
The course's workshops are integral to the training. They are designed to reinforce concepts presented during the lectures and demonstrations.
Who should attend
This course is recommended for new PowerFLOW users who will primarily use PowerCASE to create their cases. No previous knowledge of PowerFLOW is required, but some basic knowledge of CFD concepts and theory is desirable.
Education Partner Training
Click here for a listing of partner-led training classes.
Click here for a complete listing of SIMULIA eLearning resources.