Introduction to PowerFLOW
This two-day introductory class is intended for new users of PowerFLOW who have never used PowerFLOW or have begun using PowerCASE® and PowerVIZ® recently. The class uses a simplified external aerodynamics flow around a passenger vehicle to explain key concepts. It also provides you with valuable information to help you use PowerFLOW for routine simulations for any application.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand basic PowerFLOW concepts.
- Generate a basic PowerFLOW aerodynamics simulation case.
- Postprocess and analyze PowerFLOW results to understand basic aerodynamics application.
- Understand basic geometry creation requirements for PowerFLOW simulation.
- Understand basic Lattice Boltzmann Method theory.
The course is divided into lectures, demonstrations and workshops.
The workshops for this course are integral to the training. They are designed to reinforce concepts presented during the lectures and demonstrations.
The overview provides details of the topics covered in each lecture. Please note that the actual course agenda may vary depending on location.
Who should attend
This course is recommended for new PowerFLOW users who will primarily use PowerCASE® to create their models. No previous knowledge of PowerFLOW is required, but some basic knowledge of CFD concepts and theory is desirable.
Education Partner Training
Click here for a listing of partner-led training classes.
Click here for a complete listing of SIMULIA eLearning resources.