Introduction to CST Studio Suite
Throughout this course you will become familiar with the basic usage of CST Studio Suite in terms of its modeling and simulation capabilities. Participants will learn about the general setup, submission, and result analysis procedures for high-frequency 3D electromagnetic simulations. This class will also introduce the various high frequency solvers available CST Microwave Studio and provide a behind-the-scenes look into the FIT and FEM algorithms for the general purpose Time-Domain and Frequency-Domain solvers respectively.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Navigate the general layout of the CST Studio Suite interface
- Generate CAD geometries within the native modeling interface
- Set up the project environment with the desired units, frequency settings, background materials and boundary conditions
- Understand the various material types that exist and how to define them
- Setup excitations using lumped elements and waveguide ports
- Setup result monitors to obtain 2D/3D field data
- Choose and set up the most appropriate solver and algorithm for high frequency applications.
- Run Time-Domain (FIT) and Frequency-Domain (FEM) simulations including parametric sweeps and optimizations.
- Analyze simulation results such as S-parameters, voltages, currents, 3D nearfields and farfields.
- Extract data from the standard result set through the use of post-processing templates
Who should attend
Electromagnetic Simulation Analysts.
The overview provides details of the topics covered in each lecture. Please note that the actual course agenda may vary depending on location.
Education Partner Training
Click here for a listing of partner-led training classes.
Click here for a complete listing of SIMULIA eLearning resources.