Throughout this course you will become familiar with the CST Studio Suite interface and how to perform basic tasks in terms of modeling, setup of simulation, and analyzing pre and postprocessing results. This course will also briefly discuss the various high frequency solvers available in CST Microwave Studio and provide a behind-the-scenes look at the FIT and FEM algorithms.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Navigate the general layout of the CST Studio Suite interface
- Generate CAD geometries within the native modeling interface
- Set up the project environment with the desired units, frequency settings, background materials and boundary conditions
- Understand the various material types that exist and how to define them
- Setup excitations using lumped elements and waveguide ports
- Setup result monitors to obtain 2D/3D field data
- Choose and set up the most appropriate solver and algorithm for high frequency applications.
- Run Time-Domain (FIT) and Frequency-Domain (FEM) simulations including parametric sweeps and optimizations.
- Analyze simulation results such as S-parameters, voltages, currents, 3D nearfields and farfields.
- Extract data from the standard result set through the use of post-processing templates
Who should attend
Electromagnetic Simulation Analysts.
The overview provides details of the topics covered in each lecture. Please note that the actual course agenda may vary depending on location.
Schedule and Registration
- Click here to view the schedule
Education Partner Training
Click here for a listing of partner-led training classes.
Click here for a complete listing of classes on 3DEXPERIENCE Edu SPACE platform