Coupled Eulerian-Lagrangian Analysis with Abaqus/Explicit
The pure Eulerian analysis capability in Abaqus/Explicit allows for effective modeling of applications involving extreme deformation, including fluid flow. The Eulerian capability can be coupled with traditional Lagrangian capabilities to model interactions between highly deformable materials and relatively stiff bodies, such as in fluid-structure interactions. This seminar teaches users how to:
- Create an appropriate Eulerian mesh
- Define the initial material location within an Eulerian mesh
- Apply initial conditions, boundary conditions and loads to material in the Eulerian domain
- Use general contact to model Eulerian-Lagrangian interactions
- Model fluids using the equation of state material model
- Visualize material boundaries within the Eulerian domain
This seminar includes step-by-step instructions for creating Coupled Eulerian-Lagrangian (CEL) models. Troubleshooting tips are also provided. Advantages and limitations of the CEL approach are discussed in detail.
Who Should Attend
This seminar is recommended for engineers with experience using Abaqus.
The overview provides details of the topics covered in each lecture. Please note that the actual course agenda may vary depending on location.
Schedule and Registration