Analysis of Composite Materials with Abaqus
Composite materials are used in many design applications because of their high stiffness-to-weight ratios. This seminar shows you how to use Abaqus effectively to model composite materials.
The topics covered include:
- Using detailed modeling of the microscopic behavior to determine the behavior of composite materials
- Defining anisotropic elasticity with Hookean models for combining the fiber-matrix response
- Defining composite layups using Abaqus/CAE
- Defining discrete or layered reinforcing within an element using rebars, membrane elements and truss elements
- Achieving the correct material orientation of the layers of composite shells and solid elements
- Modeling sandwich composite structures and stiffened composite panels
- Modeling progressive damage and failure in composites
- Modeling delamination and low-cycle fatigue of composite structures
Who Should Attend
This course is recommended for engineers with experience using Abaqus/Standard.
The overview provides details of the topics covered in each lecture. Please note that the actual course agenda may vary depending on location.
Schedule and Registration
Education Partner Training
Click here for a listing of partner-led training classes.
Click here for a complete listing of Abaqus classes on the Companion Learning Space platform.