Composite materials are used in many design applications because of their high stiffness-to-weight ratios. This seminar shows you how to use Abaqus effectively to model composite materials.
The topics covered include:
- Using detailed modeling of the microscopic behavior to determine the behavior of composite materials
- Defining anisotropic elasticity with Hookean models for combining the fiber-matrix response
- Defining composite layups using Abaqus/CAE
- Defining discrete or layered reinforcing within an element using rebars, membrane elements and truss elements
- Achieving the correct material orientation of the layers of composite shells and solid elements
- Modeling sandwich composite structures and stiffened composite panels
- Modeling progressive damage and failure in composites
- Modeling delamination and low-cycle fatigue of composite structures
Who Should Attend
This course is recommended for engineers with experience using Abaqus/Standard.
The overview provides details of the topics covered in each lecture. Please note that the actual course agenda may vary depending on location.
Schedule and Registration
- Click here to view the schedule
Education Partner Training
Click here for a listing of partner-led training classes.
Click here for a complete listing of Abaqus classes on the 3DEXPERIENCE Edu SPACE platform