In this course you will learn how to set up complete Additive Manufacturing (AM) workflows from manufacturing planning to process simulations. The focus of the course is on metal powder bed fabrication and simulation. While additive manufacturing is free of the constraints usually encountered with traditional manufacturing techniques, simulation is crucial for predicting part distortions, residual stresses and microstructure evolutions that occur during the layer-by-layer build of the additive part.
The course covers the following topics:
- Planning the build for metal powder bed fabrication, including nesting, support structure generation and slicer strategies
- Exporting data in standard or vendor-specific formats
- Conducting thermal and thermal-stress finite element simulations based on the generated AM process parameter
- Predicting final deformations in a part
- Customizing the interface for other manufacturing processes (e.g.: LDED, FFF) and including external tool/scan path data
The course is divided into lectures and workshops. The course's workshops are integral to the training. They are designed to reinforce concepts presented during the lectures. They are intended to provide users with the experience of running and trouble-shooting actual simulation processes.
Who Should Attend
For the R2019x release, this course is intended for the following roles:
- Additive Manufacturing Researcher
- Additive Manufacturing Programmer
The following course is a prerequisite for this class:
- Mechanical Scenario Creation Essentials
The overview provides details of the topics covered in each lecture. Please note that the actual course agenda may vary depending on location.
Schedule and Registration
- Click here to view the schedule
Education Partner Training
Click here for a listing of partner-led training classes.
Click here for a complete listing of 3D EXPERIENCE classes on the 3DEXPERIENCE Edu SPACE platform