Enhanced integration of XFlow with the 3DEXPERIENCE platform
XFlow simulation workflow more and more connected to the 3DEXPERIENCE platform via Power’By approach in order to achieve Dassault Systèmes SIMULIA vision to integrate fluids simulations with CAD design, optimization tools, data management and business intelligence applications.
XFlow is accessible on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform with the XFlow Specialist role that allows the following interactions:
- Launch XFlow on your machine using the XFlow Specialist app on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform.
- Import CAD models to XFlow from the 3DEXPERIENCE platform
- Set up and run the CFD simulation using XFlow user interface
- Upload the XFlow model and numerical results to the 3DEXPERIENCE platform.
- Visualize the XFlow model and numerical results curves on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform using the Simulation Review app.
Expanded Fluid-Structure Interaction (FSI) capabilities of XFlow with Abaqus
A new one-way coupling of XFlow with Abaqus is possible now that allows to carry out efficient FSI analysis in some specific industry applications where the structural deformation is small and does not affect the fluid flow.
- The synchronization of the information during the co-simulation between XFlow and Abaqus is achieved as following:
- XFlow calculates the fluid loads on the structure and sends them to Abaqus.
- Abaqus calculates the structural deformation induced by the fluid loads.
- XFlow does not take into account the structural deformation for the fluid simulation.
- This one-way coupling improves the performance of the FSI analysis by one order of magnitude with respect to the two-way coupling of XFlow and Abaqus.