What’s new in fe-safe 2018
- fe-safe capabilities summary:
- Fatigue of welded joints
- Vibration fatigue
- Test program validation
- Critical distance methods for crack growth prediction
- Property mapping for casting or forging simulations
- Warranty curves combine variations in material fatigue strengths and variability in loading to calculate the probability of survival over a range of service lives
- Manufacturing effects from forming or assembly process to estimate residual stresses for rapid sensitivity analysis
- Virtual strain gauges can be specified in fe-safe to correlate with measured data.
- Signal processing, load history manipulation, fatigue from strain gauges, and generation of accelerated testing signals are among the many features included as standard.
- fe-safe can be run inside an optimization loop to allow designs to be optimized for fatigue performance. fe-safe interfaces to Isight and TOSCA from SIMULIA.
- Coupling between SIMPACK Flex bodies, Abaqus, and fe-safe.
- Interfaces to Abaqus ODB, ANSYS RST, and NASTRAN OP2 files.