- Calculates fatigue lives at every point on a model, producing contour plots to reveal fatigue lives and crack sites. Critical locations will not be missed
- Determines how much the stresses must be changed in order to achieve a target design life, showing clearly where the component is under strength or where material and weight can be saved
- Estimates warranty claim curves based on probabilities of failure
- Identifies which parts of a duty cycle are most damaging. In prototype testing this could mean shorter tests with fewer actuators
- Accounts for manufacturing effects such as residual stresses from a stamped or formed part, or the material variation effects in castings and forgings
- Automatically detects contact, with contact fatigue algorithms
- Requires no special meshing. fe-safe works from a standard free tet mesh. Solid and shell elements can be combined on the same model
- Includes a unique, new method for the fatigue analysis of PSDs of loads, combining a unique method of superimposing multiaxial PSDs with critical plane analysis
- Verity in fe-safe includes a unique calculation of the fatigue life of welded joints using the original, patented Verity Structural Stress Method
- fe-safe/Rubber includes a unique technology for fatigue of elastomers using patented elastomer-specific algorithms
- fe-safe/TURBOlife includes a unique method for creep fatigue and creep fatigue interactions
- safe4fatigue is a powerful signal processing software included in fe-safe standard
fe-safe is the technical leader in fatigue analysis software for Finite Element models. fe-safe has been developed continuously since the early 1990's in collaboration with industry to ensure that it continues to set the benchmark for fatigue analysis software.
fe-safe was the first commercially available fatigue analysis software to focus on modern multiaxial strain based fatigue methods. fe-safe provides unique capabilities for thermo-mechanical fatigue and creep-fatigue, rubber materials and the Verity Structural Stress method for welded joints.
fe-safe is renowned for its accuracy, speed, comprehensive capabilities and ease of use. It fits smoothly into your design process, enabling you to develop products that are designed for durability.
fe-safe offers the user an easy-to-use fatigue analysis suite that provides reliable, accurate fatigue life predictions regardless of the complexity of your analysis.
Whatever your application, you can be sure that fe-safe will give you accurate and reliable fatigue life predictions quickly and easily, allowing you to focus on the real job in hand - designing and producing optimized components that meet your clients demands.
- Automatic hot-spot formation
- Critical distance - will cracks propagate?
- Damage per block
- Distributed processing
- fe-safe Custom Fatigue Algorithm (CFA)
- Manufacturing effects
- Materials database
- Parallel processing
- Property mapping
- Signal processing
- Structural optimization
- Surface contact
- Surface detection
- Test program validation
- Vector plots
- Virtual strain gauges
- Vibration Fatigue
- Warranty curve
- Weld Fatigue