VIRTUAL COMMISSIONING FOR INDUSTRIAL AUTOMATION CONTROL SYSTEMS
ControlBuild helps to perform test, validation and qualification/commissioning activities by providing a Real-Time Plant Simulation connected to PLC/DCS controllers and SCADA monitoring systems
ControlBuild includes several features allowing to:
- Model manufacturing lines, power plants and process units by using various & dedicated libraries:
- Handling: conveyors, translators, axis, lifts, detectors, robots… and products,
- Electric: cabinet, power distribution, protection, safety control,
- Fluidic/pneumatic: process with valves, pumps, tanks, transmitters, sensors, distillers ….
- Create your own libraries of discrete/dynamic components (actuators & sensors)
- Connect most of the PLC/DCS of the market with a set of configurable communication modules (serial, fieldbus, network and physical IO.
Use of ControlBuild during Virtual Commissioning make detection of faults/issues earlier, reduce cost and shorter time during On-Site Commissioning.
Virtual Commissioning allows tester teams to get concrete results before the availability of physical machines/lines.
With a realistic ControlBuild plant model test engineers can trick PLCs and SCADA into thinking they are connected to a real manufacturing line or process unit.
Control System Changes are managed and simulated with ControlBuild, resulting in reduced costs associated with plant ‘down-time’ due to faster implementation of updated control systems.
Virtual Twin allows engineers to run test procedures that are too costly or potentially destructive with physical plants.