In this period of extreme disruption, being agile in how you operate is more important than ever – and the cloud can help you realize it.
As organizations worldwide adapt to market fluctuations, supply chain disruptions and other issues in the wake of the global pandemic, business agility is critical.
Cloud solutions not only give a business flexibility and greater resiliency, but encourage a more agile mindset across an organization. Here are seven key ways a cloud-based solution can help a company adapt and thrive:
- Scalability: The operations on which a small-scale business runs can often fall apart when that business grows. Cloud solutions allow for easily scalable work processes, so that increased complexity doesn’t result in increasing unreliability. And in today’s tumultuous environment, it’s important that a business can scale down as well as up, to respond to fluctuating consumer demand.
- Competitiveness: The cloud improves the rate at which projects can be developed and realized, ultimately accelerating time to market. This can be particularly advantageous for startups and SMEs, for whom effective use of capital may be especially critical when it comes to staying afloat in the post-pandemic world.
- Profitability: By their nature, cloud solutions eliminate the need to integrate costly IT systems and hardware, and can allow for quick and affordable upgrades when new solutions become available. Cloud-based simulation tools, like Dassault Systèmes’ SIMULIA , can also help cut costs by reducing the need for expensive physical prototyping.
- Innovation: Smoother online collaboration is more important than ever in a world of remote working. A shared single source of truth can help new ideas flow more freely throughout an organization, while cloud-based solutions like CATIA can help turn these new product ideas into reality.
- Reactivity: Subscription-based cloud solutions mean that businesses can access the latest upgrades and advances without the associated cost of doing so on their own. This ability gives companies the flexibility in their infrastructure to more quickly react to potential hurdles or take advantage of opportunities as and when they arise.
- Sustainability: On average, cloud-based companies use 77% fewer servers and consume 84% less power than companies with on-premise operating systems. While the pandemic is affecting consumer confidence in many areas, studies have found that consumers are still focused on the importance of sustainability.
- Security: Working with cloud-based solutions means that companies can leverage the IT and cybersecurity resources of the cloud operators. In an era seeing historical levels of home working – on distributed and often personal home networks of variable safety – guaranteeing data security is business critical.
There’s no better example of the power of cloud solutions in action than to look at an organization not only itself dealing with the impact of the pandemic, but also directly involved in innovating responses to that pandemic. The MIGAL Institute of Scientific Research in Israel is using a tool from Dassault Systèmes’ cloud-based 3DEXPERIENCE® suite – BIOVIA – to help streamline, model and scale their research efforts in developing vaccines and treatments for the current pandemic.
No matter the industry, a shared online environment, like the 3DEXPERIENCE platform, where data is instantly accessible and updated as projects progress and collaboration can happen any time and any place, gives organizations the agility they need to navigate the ongoing complexities of the current crisis, and emerge stronger at the other end.
Want to explore what is the best solution for your company? Speak to one of our experts to tailor it to your specific needs.