AutoForm-OneStepforCATIA, an essential toolkit for sheet metal product designers, is the first AutoForm software module that is fully integrated into the CATIA V5 environment. Embedded within CATIA, the OneStep Feasibility workbench brings together all functionality necessary for quickly assessing and counter measuring potential splits and thinning on product prior to its release AutoForm-OneStepforCATIA enables detailed strain and thickness evaluations through CATIA V5 GPS module.
The main features of AutoForm-OneStepforCATIA are:
- Built-in wizard for easy, rapid and continuous product evaluation until final release
- Manufacturing-guided feasibility assessment embedded within CATIA V5
- Fully associative manufacturing studies on product features, material grade and gage
- Automatic and accurate blank shape, part weight and material utilization
- Coil nesting and embedding with optimization
- Simple and quick turnaround time on assessments
- Increase efficiency and productivity of product designers - staying within the CATIA V5 environment, product designers can continuously evaluate their product for stamping concerns. Minimize expensive post-release changes to product.
- Enable simultaneous engineering activities through fully associative and reliable manufacturing checks on geometry based stamping issues; incorporating studies on design alternatives, material type and gage, and stamping inputs such as stamping direction, single versus double-attached stamping, wrap surface, short sheet condition, etc.
- Reduce product changes and number of iterations by evaluating proposed manufacturing concessions prior to release.
- Estimate part weight, blank and coil requirement for product; visualize opportunities for material optimization.
- Improve performance analysis (crash, NVH, durability, etc.) through mapping of forming results.