Be the Next Game Changer
Imagine new horizons…
You have dreams? You enjoy a challenge? Here at Dassault Systemes, we empower people and energize passion to change the world and create the future. Let’s open new horizons together with the power of 3DEXPERIENCE virtual universes!
Shape your career with 3DS! #WeAre3DS
Circuits & Systems is a team within Dassault Systemes EMAG research and development organization. Our 3D electromagnetic simulation environment, the CST Studio Suite, combines our world-class EM simulators with simulation management and circuit simulation capabilities. We are a highly innovative and motivated international team, working from different offices in Europe.
Our circuit simulator includes a library of different model types. The models may be of lumped or of spatially distributed nature. The lumped models can be simple models like resistors/inductances, or complex SPICE netlists. The distributed models describe micro strip lines or wave guide components. They are either semi analytic formulations or they are described by 3D electromagnetic simulation projects.
We are looking for a working student (f/d/m) who supports us in Darmstadt in keeping our library up to date.
What will your role be?
Updating our library contains several aspects:
• You will review the 3D simulation projects and potentially adjust solver and mesh settings, according to the current state of the art
• Different simulation runs will ensure result quality and will help to find good compromise between speed and accuracy
• Potentially you will also do tests with an experimental 2D solver for transmission line components
• Most lumped models in our library also need an update. Especially those that represent devices offered by different device vendors are out of date. You are going visit their web sites, download the most up to date SPICE models and convert them into our library format. For this task, some automation in form of python scripts may be needed.
The possibilities ahead:
• You get a deep insight into an international software company and will experience the daily life of a developer within a multinational company
• You get the possibility network with internal and external stakeholders
• You can finally apply what you learned in your studies in practice
Your key success factors:
• You are a student in the field of Electrical Engineering, Physics or an equivalent field
• You already have some experience with circuit simulation and circuit models
• Preferably, you have already made first experiences with 3D electromagnetic simulation tools and you love to automate repetitive tasks by writing scripts
• You are a team player and solving problems is your passion
• You are interested in software development in a scientific / technical environment and want to get some experiences in working for a successful, global software company
• You want to extend you practical knowledge in using circuit / 3D - EM simulators and to deepen your scripting skills by applying them to relevant automation tasks
Interested? Click on "Apply" to access the 3DS job portal and to upload your application documents.
Let’s open new horizons together with the power of 3DEXPERIENCE virtual universes! Shape your career with 3DS! #WeAre3DS
Powered by the 3DEXPERIENCE® Platform, SIMULIA delivers realistic simulation applications that enable users to reveal the world we live in.