Imagine new horizons....
To provide UX Design support to the SOLIDWORKS and Dassault Systemes R&D teams. The UX Designer supports ongoing development of DS 3D Solutions and Computer Aided Design products. They help design robust user interfaces across devices from desktops with mouse and keyboard inputs to mobile devices with touch support
What will your role be?
- The User Experience Designer provides design and research support for our SOLIDWORKS Computer Aided Design (CAD) products. You will research and understand key user workflows and design user interfaces that support user’s goals and needs across the SOLIDWORKS product line.
- In addition to designing new enhancements and functionality for SOLIDWORKS, you will also engage in updating and improving our design system and component libraries for design re-use
- You will help us create even more intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use interactions that will enable both a first-time user but also a sophisticated expert to have the best experience possible when using the software.
The challenges ahead
- You will be researching, designing, creating, and prototyping interactions and interfaces for that enhance the industry leading 3D application for engineers, as well as contributing to our next generation of 3D applications.
- You will collaborate with UX designers, product definition specialists, visual designers, and users to create, develop, test, and validate interfaces for SOLIDWORKS and 3DEXPERIENCE products
- You will take projects through the design process including discovery, concept, and detailed design phases to support new products and enhancements to our existing 3D Design products.
- You will participate in and conduct user research activities to help inform design work and answer key design questions.
- You will participate in a strong critique culture, sharing and improving your own designs, and helping others improve theirs.
Your key success factors
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Human Factors, Design, Human Computer Interaction, or related field (Industrial Design and Mechanical engineering are also considered)
- 2-5 years of professional work experience in UX
- Strong communication skills both with customers and internally with designers/developers
- Familiarity with design techniques such as storyboarding, user research, and wireframes
- Knowledge of or experience using UX tools for prototyping like Adobe XD, Sketch, Azure, or Figma, etc.
- Competent at quickly generating design ideas and iterating those designs based on feedback
- You will be asked to present past designs as part of the interview, a portfolio is a plus.
Skills that are a plus
- Technical background or engineering skills is a plus.
- Knowledge of CAD programs like SOLIDWORKS or others is a plus.
- Experience with designing for touch and mobile devices is a plus.
Compensation & Benefits
Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match (50 cents on the dollar, up to the first 8% of your eligible compensation that you contribute based on match eligibility criteria), flexible time off policy, and 9 paid holidays.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Company requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for a medical, religious or state-required accommodation or otherwise exempt consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons. Definition of full-vaccination: Employees are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.