Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps create the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and improve outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
Your team will be responsible for Medidata's Patient Cloud platform. Our users depend on our products to participate in any clinical trial using web, mobile and sensor-based solutions. We focus on the patient experience and aim to provide engaging solutions that fit into people's everyday lives. We make clinical trials faster by reducing burdens for both patients and study personnel.
We're building our platform on top of a few core principles and technologies:
• SaaS-based applications using Ruby, Rails and other object-oriented languages
• Single page application technologies using React.js
• Data intense workflows using PostgresQL, MySQL or similar relational data stores
• Enterprise-class APIs patterns and protocols with REST and GraphQL
• Automated development and testing harnesses using Travis, GoCD and cypress.io
• Cloud-native infrastructure and deployment services
The primary responsibilities of the Technical Support Specialist are to provide support to end-users by identifying, researching and resolving problems and issues; create and conduct operational and technical trainings for clients; and partner with Sales, Marketing, and Account Management to meet clients’ needs. The Customer Success Technical Support Specialist provides technical product support to both internal and external customers, who use or support the use of Medidata Products. The Customer Success Technical Support Specialist receives issues that the Tier I team could not resolve. The Customer Success Technical Support Specialist is a seasoned analyst who has a proven record of satisfying clients. He/She is a reference point for the entire team on various application topics and is able to resolve most of the items escalated from the Tier I team. He/She takes an active role in ensuring that any escalation outside the Technical Support Specialist team is handled promptly and effectively by the different Medidata functional areas.
- Create and maintain necessary knowledge objects, in applicable languages, which will be used by all Customer Success teams.
- Provide users with support on technical, operational, and user/account-related issues, on the phone, via e-mail/ticketing system and/or in person.
- Identify, research and resolve all client problems, questions and concerns in a timely manner.
- Coordinate support resources for all problems and issues not resolved during the initial contact with client.
- Flexibility to work varied shifts and availability for on-call rotation and off-hour Critical Issues escalation.
- Monitor and ensure 100% accuracy of all escalations and work requests throughout the day and consistently resolve, de-escalate, or further escalate within the required client Service Level Agreements.
- Coordinate issue resolution efforts with other departments to ensure timely and efficient resolutions are met and customer satisfaction is upheld.
- Maintain proper tracking of problem resolution and conduct trend analysis for reference and management reporting.
- Distinguish between application, operating system, network, and hardware problems, with an understanding of IT systems design, analysis, and integrations.
- Ability to Present complex technical information to non-technical audiences.
Reproduce technical problems, diagnose causes, identify temporary solutions and communicate status updates to clients
- Basic understanding of the SQL (Relational Database Query) language
- Inform and instruct users on new products, features and best practices
- Manage and assist in the development and revisions of Support Knowledge Documentation
- Strong Customer Service skills, both telephone and email, with excellent oral and written communications
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to adhere to tight deadlines and clinical protocols
- Ability to deliver high quality of work keeping in frame support metrics like Customer Satisfaction, Turnaround Times, timely follow ups etc.
- Be able to prioritize work based on business and customer demands
Your Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems or Life Sciences, or equivalent engineering experience
- SQL Server-specific training/work experience
- Intermediate experience with SQL (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL)
- Intermediate experience with C#, Visual Studios and ASP.NET
- Experience with application debugging
- 1 – 3 years of experience working in a regulated environment
- Experience in the Pharmaceutical / Healthcare/Clinical industry a strong plus
- Basic experience with Ruby, Java and HTML code
The salary range posted below refers only to positions that will be physically based in New York City. As with all roles, Medidata sets ranges based on a number of factors including function, level, candidate expertise and experience, and geographic location. Pay ranges for candidates in locations other than New York City, may differ based on the local market data in that region. The base salary pay range for this position is $55,000-$75,237.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Medidata provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a commission on the terms of applicable plan documents, and many of Medidata’s non-sales positions are eligible for annual bonuses. Medidata believes that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most and provides best-in-class benefits, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance; 401(k) matching; unlimited paid time off; and 10 paid holidays per year.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.