Medidata's unified platform, pioneering analytics, and unrivaled expertise power the development of new therapies for over 1,000 pharmaceutical companies, biotech, medical device firms, academic medical centers and contract research organizations around the world. The Medidata Clinical Cloud® connects patients, physicians and life sciences professionals. Companies on the Medidata platform are individually and collaboratively reinventing the way research is done to create smarter, more precise treatments. For more information: www.mdsol.com.
We know that diverse teams win and are fully committed to selecting leaders and employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif and Glen de Vries, and have global operations in US, Europe and Asia with over 2000 employees.
The primary responsibilities of the Technical Support Specialist are to provide support to end-users by identifying, researching and resolving problems and issues; create and conduct operational and technical trainings for clients; and partner with Sales, Marketing, and Account Management to meet clients’ needs. The Customer Success Technical Support Specialist provides technical product support to both internal and external customers, who use or support the use of Medidata Products. The Customer Success Technical Support Specialist receives issues that the Tier I team could not resolve. The Customer Success Technical Support Specialist is a seasoned analyst who has a proven record of satisfying clients. He/She is a reference point for the entire team on various application topics and is able to resolve most of the items escalated from the Tier I team. He/She takes an active role in ensuring that any escalation outside the Technical Support Specialist team is handled promptly and effectively by the different Medidata functional areas.
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
- Create and maintain necessary knowledge objects, in applicable languages, which will be used by all Customer Success teams
- Provide users with support on technical, operational, and user/account-related issues, on the phone, via e-mail/ticketing system and/or in person
- Identify, research and resolve all client problems, questions and concerns in a timely manner
- Coordinate support resources for all problems and issues not resolved during the initial contact with client
- Flexibility to work varied shifts and availability for on-call rotation and off-hour Critical Issues escalation
- Monitor and ensure 100% accuracy of all escalations and work requests throughout the day and consistently resolve, de-escalate, or further escalate within the required client Service Level Agreements
- Coordinate issue resolution efforts with other departments to ensure timely and efficient resolutions are met and customer satisfaction is upheld
- Maintain proper tracking of problem resolution and conduct trend analysis for reference and management reporting
- Distinguish between application, operating system, network, and hardware problems, with an understanding of IT systems design, analysis, and integrations
- Ability to Present complex technical information to non-technical audiences
- Reproduce technical problems, diagnose causes, identify temporary and long-term solutions and communicate status updates to clients
- Inform and instruct users on new products, features and best practices
- Manage and assist in the development and revisions of Training Presentations, Exercises, Quick Reference Guides and Other Support Materials
- Strong Customer Service skills, both telephone and email, with excellent oral and written communications
- Previous Helpdesk or Desk Side Support Experience is a big plus
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and protocols
- Experience with MS Outlook, MS Windows, MS Office Suite, Microsoft SQL Server, Magic Service Desk or other Issue Tracking software preferred
- Ability to deliver with high quality of work keeping in frame support metrics like Customer Satisfaction, Turnaround Times, timely follow ups etc
- Ability to understand and write SQL scripts to extract and update data from databases
- Must have the ability to learn new products as needed
- Be able to prioritize work as business demands
Your Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or an advanced degree without experience
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Company requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for a medical, religious or state-required accommodation or otherwise exempt consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons. Definition of full-vaccination: Employees are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.