Location options: Waltham, MA; Charlotte, NC; Auburn Hills, MI; Santa Clara, CA; Radnor, PA
Imagine New Horizons...
Dassault Systèmes, the 3DEXPERIENCE Company, provides businesses and people with virtual universes to imagine sustainable innovations. Serving over 250,000 clients in 11 industries, from high-tech to life sciences, fashion to transportation, we help businesses and people around the world to create sustainable innovations for today and tomorrow
Our team has an immediate opening for a Technical Support Engineer. This position can be in Waltham, MA or one of our many other office locations throughout the US.
Shape your career with 3DS! #WeAre3DS
What will your role be?
- As a Technical Support Engineer, you will provide technical support to resellers and end users of our DS products (Cloud and On Premise)
- Provide guidance regarding deployment and migration for key customer projects (Cloud and On Premise) and optimized use of our products, continuous monitoring of defects and tracking of each customer problem (Cloud and On Premise) via our bug tracking system until resolution, with confirmation and validation of every solution provided to the customer from Technical Support
- Develop (Cloud and On Premise) documentation to share knowledge and capitalize based on the customer experience
- Create articles, technical briefs, FAQ's within our Knowledge Base regarding product functionality, usage, workarounds, methodology, and resolutions of common problems encountered
The challenges ahead:
- Build Environments to demonstrate and confirm the customer problem
- Reproduce customer problems and validate solutions
- Determine source of customer problem (product based, structure, environmental)
- Submit and track issue within our bug tracking system as well as review the problem with our development teams
- Coordinate communications with development and the customer
- Organize calls with customer to converge upon a resolution
- Coordinate efforts with Development, Services, and other DS teams to meet customers' targets
- Contribute towards efforts to improve customer support responsiveness and efficiency
- Mentor other team members in means of providing a high level of customer satisfaction
- Streamline customer support processes; assist in development of internal training activities and information sharing
Your key success factors:
- U.S. Citizenship or in hand US Green Card holder
- Conferred Bachelor degree or equivalent professional experience
- Support and/or deployment experience with:
- Support and/or deployment experience with Cloud and/or complex enterprise software
- Experience working with Authentication and security protocols/software, LDAP, SSO, SSL, SAML
- Experience with TomEE Application servers, Apache and/or NGINX web servers including deployment and configuration.
- Experience with proxy server and Load balancing configuration.
- Strong Systems Administration / Related IT background
- Strong analytical, debug, and problem solving skills, including use of standard tools such as Java VisualVM, JProfiler, Fiddler, Visual Studio.
- Positive, self-motivated individual with high enthusiasm and a willingness to learn and incorporate mentoring and coaching into daily tasks and assignments
- Highly organized with critical attention to details when multitasking in a dynamic customer service environment focusing on an optimal solution
- Flexibility to assist in problem resolution efforts with Customers and development teams across different time zones
- Ability to work with little supervision, as well as within a collaborative team structure
- Strong communication skills: 1.) Very strong writing skills utilizing the rules of English grammar; 2.) Verbally clear, concise, and grammatically correct oral (speaking) communication skills in English
Pluses, not required
- Experience supporting applications with similar underlying technologies: Windows Server and/or Linux (preferably RedHat/CentOS distributions), Cassandra database, Java applications, and Windows Application Add-ins.
Compensation for the role will be commensurate with experience. The total expected compensation range will be between $75,000 and $115,000, representing the base salary (or annualized salary based on estimated hourly compensation) and target bonus.
Compensation & Benefits
Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match (50 cents on the dollar, up to the first 8% of your eligible compensation that you contribute based on match eligibility criteria), flexible time off policy, and 9 paid holidays.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Company requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for a medical, religious or state-required accommodation or otherwise exempt consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons. Definition of full-vaccination: Employees are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.