Imagine New Horizons...
As the senior manager of the Americas Revenue Recognition Team, you will ensure appropriate revenue recognition treatment for sales transactions in accordance with IFRS. The Senior Revenue Recognition Manager leads and assists in structuring deals to maximize revenue recognition while working in the framework of external and internal revenue recognition guidance. The position will also review completed deals and assist in the summary of nonstandard deals. You will also work with internal customers to resolve revenue related inquiries. Additionally you will assist in facilitating the improvement of current processes, policies and reporting.
This position can be located in any of our DS offices in the United States.
Do you want to be inspired and enjoy coming to work? At Dassault Systèmes, we empower our employees and support their passion to change the world and create the future. Let’s design new horizons together with the power of 3DEXPERIENCE virtual universes!
Shape your career with3DS! #WeAre3DS
What Will Your Role Be?
- Ensure revenue recognition for transactions are in compliance with Group and International Financial Reporting revenue recognition principles
- Manage a team of highly skilled technical revenue recognition experts
- Alert Corporate revenue recognition team to all significant accounting topics and areas where significant judgment was necessary
- Lead and work as a subject matter expert with other Business Administration teams, legal and sales to achieve the desired management revenue recognition patterns from a customer negotiation
- Communicate effectively and timely with business partners and internal customers on the impact of proposed customer deal structures prior to deal signature
- Monitor and analyze all new accounting rules related to revenue recognition
- Advise and assist sales and other organizations with revenue recognition topics
- Promote and educate on revenue recognition principles as appropriate
Your Challenges Ahead
- Ensure revenue recognition accounting is compliant and in accordance with all group policies.
- Technical advisory of customer contracts for appropriate accounting treatment for revenue recognition.
- Partner with commercial teams to advise on complex revenue recognition topics for specific deals under negotiation and build a bridge between the understanding of deals, theoretical accounting treatments vs managing expectations.
- Manage a team of 5 people (recruiting, objective setting, performance reviews, workload allocation, training, etc.).
- Drive the measurement of the new revenue recognition accounting standard (IFRS 15/ASC 606) in an environment where workloads and nonstandard first of a kind transactions are increasing due to rapid growth.
- Deliver best-in-class support to internal stakeholders through implementation of processes, tools and best practices
- Ensure the smooth integration of newly acquired entities and their transition to the Group’s revenue recognition principles. Sign-off on revenue recognition treatment for significant sales transactions and bring added value to process improvements to all transactional accounting and compliance items across the regions.
Your Key Success Factors
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or similar business-related subject
- CPA qualification strongly preferred but not required
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a commercial revenue recognition advisory environment. Strong experience applying accounting principles.
- Experience leading projects and assisting in deal related matters
- Possess good hands-on technical proficiency in IFRS and awareness of new technical rules and changes
- Deadline orientated, able to execute to strict deadlines and timelines
- Possess excellent communication and leadership skills
- Possess good relationship building skills across multiple levels, cross functional teams, and geographical regions
- Ability to communicate at all levels of management
- Clearly communicate complex technical accounting information in an easy to understand manner – verbally and in writing
- Experience leading projects and assisting in deal related matters
- People management experience is required to be able lead this highly regarded and mission critical team
- Be adaptable and flexible in our fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and be open to change in response to new information, difficult or unexpected circumstances
- Effectively execute and deliver in our high-performance culture and be motivated by challenges and taking responsibility
- Experience working in technical accounting business environment with sound understanding of business processes, internal control flows and transactional details
Compensation & Benefits
Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match (50 cents on the dollar, up to the first 8% of your eligible compensation that you contribute based on match eligibility criteria), flexible time off policy, and 9 paid holidays.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Company requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for a medical, religious or state-required accommodation or otherwise exempt consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons. Definition of full-vaccination: Employees are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.