Imagine New Horizons
Do you want to be inspired and enjoy coming to work? At Dassault Systèmes, we empower our employees and support their passion to change the world and create the future. Let’s design new horizons together with the power of 3DEXPERIENCE virtual universes! Shape your career with 3DS!
The Challenges Ahead
As a Senior Financial Analyst and member of the North American Financial Planning and Analysis team, you will be the lead finance business partner in charge of our Direct Sales Organization. Our North American Direct Sales organization is a major contributor to our Americas business, with more than $500M in revenue, a direct responsibility over 200 employees and shared responsibility over an additional 300 employees.
What will be your role?
You will interact directly with our Direct Sales Management to provide the full suite of financial support. It is a multi-product line, multi-industry organization, and as such, you will interact with a large ecosystem to participate in the definition of our strategic plan and the monitoring of its execution. Reporting to the Senior Director in charge of Financial Planning and Analysis for the NAM region, you will work in close proximity with other members of the NAM FP&A team who are in charge of our indirect sales organization or our revenue modeling and reporting. We will ask you to contribute to our efforts in increasing our data analysis capabilities and revenue modeling, particularly in areas involving the direct sales.
You will take responsibility for all financial planning, forecasting, and reporting for our North American Direct Sales Organization (i.e. Customer Success Engagement) and will be the main financial advisor to its leadership team:
- Lead the planning cycle, including the strategic planning, annual operating plan, and quarterly forecasts in a matrixed financial environment (requires alignment with other business segments such as product lines, industry groups or marketing)
- Contribute to our weekly business reviews, working jointly with our sales and business operations group to ensure accurate deal tracking and conversion from bookings to revenue
- Lead data analysis for the business, using complex data an problem solving
- Analyze financial and business performance against key business metrics and identify pertinent financial highlights, enabling understanding of progress against strategic business plans and highlighting risks and opportunities
- Be a thought leader and partner with management to drive finance discipline, fact-based decision-making, and financial visibility across the organization through the extensive use of financial models
- Create ad hoc analysis to support key business decisions and contract negotiations
- Promote adoption of new technology to gain in relevance and efficiency
Your Key Success Factors
- MBA or MS preferred
- Minimum of 7-10+ years of professional finance experience
- Prior experience as a finance business partner for a sales organization will be appreciated, as well as experience in a large global company and highly matrixed organization
- Familiar with recurring revenue management (SAAS or similar models) and revenue modeling
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in cube engine tools, Data Warehouse and SQL
- Ensure effective performance tracking, analysis, reporting & action proposals for the direct sales organization
- Strong Excel skills required. Advanced skills in pivot tables, macros, forms, & Excel VBA preferred.
- Willingness to develop into a valued finance business partner to Executive level
- Ability to operate successfully at the detailed level and summarize analysis results to management
- Experience and competence in using integrated ERP software (PeopleSoft preferred) and TM1 web
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to adapt to a fast-paced and complex environment with multiple priorities and high volume workload
- Demonstrated ability to manage time effectively to meet needs of multiple business and finance partners
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Develop high quality effective presentations
- Proven business partner and influencer
Compensation & Benefits
Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match (50 cents on the dollar, up to the first 8% of your eligible compensation that you contribute based on match eligibility criteria), flexible time off policy, and 9 paid holidays.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Company requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for a medical, religious or state-required accommodation or otherwise exempt consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons. Definition of full-vaccination: Employees are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.