Imagine New Horizons…
BIOVIA, a wholly-owned subsidiary of DASSAULT SYSTEMES, supports industries and organizations that rely on scientific innovation to differentiate themselves. Our customer base includes the world’s largest Chemicals, Advanced Materials, Consumer Packaged Goods, Aerospace, Automotive, and Life Science organizations.
BIOVIA is looking for a Solution Architect to work from one of our many different office locations. The Solution Architect’s mission is to reveal and demonstrate to customers how to maximize the value of the Industry Process portfolio by applying the Value Engagement framework. Through IFWE Loop, he/she drives customers to address their business transformation by re-engineering their processes, leveraging 3DEXPERIENCE platform Industry Processes.
What will your role be?
- As a critical member of the BIOVIA Solution Consulting Team, you will work closely with the Dassault Systèmes sales, technical sales, services, and R&D teams assisting in understanding customer needs and in conceiving and proposing technical solutions.
- More generally, this high-profile role spearheads technical market development activities for the Solutions Consulting business unit by promoting the capabilities of the group in the marketplace.
- Additionally, this role will have technical account leadership and mentoring responsibilities.
The Challenges Ahead
- Support Account Executives in defining elements of our enterprise software solutions
- Define and share a global sustainable & affordable architecture
- Assess Customer Opportunity in regards to feasibility, value, and risks
- Contribute with Business Consultants to Capture customer business processes
- Challenge customer business processes in regard to value creation and business transformation
- Define Global Solution Architecture leveraging 3DS best practices to support customer business objectives, highlighting committed value, and taking extra care of feasibility and delivery effort
Your Key Success Factors
- BS/Master of Sciences in engineering, chemistry, computer science or similar experience.
- 5+ years of experience architecting enterprise software
- Direct requirements gathering from clients; engaged meeting facilitation; takes initiative to follow-up on all matters
- Familiarity and conceptual understanding of Web Application servers (WebSphere, WebLogic, Tomcat, JBoss, etc.)
- Familiarity with modern cloud architecture, AWS, Azure, Oracle, SQL, data lakes, Hadoop, etc…
- Strong working ability in Windows and common Linux OS distros.
- Strong knowledge of enterprise hardware topologies
- Strong knowledge of DevOps practices
- Business process definition and reengineering
- Proven ability to identify critical customer’s issues and requirements, and resolve and/or fulfill them
- Strong customer-facing skills
- Strong communication skills in English
Compensation & Benefits
Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match (50 cents on the dollar, up to the first 8% of your eligible compensation that you contribute based on match eligibility criteria), flexible time off policy, and 9 paid holidays.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Company requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for a medical, religious or state-required accommodation or otherwise exempt consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons. Definition of full-vaccination: Employees are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.