Imagine new horizons...
Simply put, Dassault Systèmes is software company that helps people design and build things -- really cool things -- that have a positive impact on our lives: planes, trains, automobiles, electronic and medical devices, and so much more. We do this by bringing together the concepts of 3D modeling and simulation in our visionary 3DEXPERIENCE Platform.
You enjoy a challenge?
Fluids are all around us and within us. Simulation of complex fluid flows is critical to properly design, optimize and manufacture staggering array of products in every industry. Our challenge is to democratize fluid simulation, putting it in the hands of all designers and engineers. As owners of two of the world’s leading CAD products, CATIA and SOLIDWORKS, we are in a unique position to make this dream a reality.
What will your role be?
The SIMULIA Fluids organization has a unique array of technologies from finite volume Navier-Stokes to Lattice Boltzmann. You will be part of a team that focuses on the creation of the application software on the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform that drives our fluids modeling and simulation experience. This could include geometry modeling, mesh generation, scenario creation, results processing, multi-physics coupling and optimization.
The challenges ahead
- Tackle interesting software engineering problems, which often touch on particular subject areas such as computational geometry, 3D graphics, mesh generation, results visualization or physics modeling
- Collaborate with other software teams to integrate with Dassault Systèmes’ cloud platform and create multiphysics applications
- Follow sound software engineering practices. The code we write today will underpin our platform simulation products for years to come – it needs to be maintainable, extensible and robust.
- Make user experience a priority. We strive to make the complexity inherent in fluid simulations manageable by way of intuitive controls and straightforward workflows.
- Deliver high performance, since typical industrial cases involve the management of large amounts of data.
- Create a quality product, working with QA to ensure that the software is thoroughly tested.
Your Key Success Factors?
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Experience designing and developing complex commercial software systems
- Solid object oriented programming skills in C++, including knowledge of design patterns and familiarity with STL, as well as modern (C++11/14) features
- Experience working in an CI/CD (Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery) environment
- Experience designing and implementing graphical user interfaces using a high-level toolkit (e.g., Qt)
- Familiarity with CAD and/or engineering simulation products
Compensation & Benefits
Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match (50 cents on the dollar, up to the first 8% of your eligible compensation that you contribute based on match eligibility criteria), flexible time off policy, and 9 paid holidays.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.