Imagine New Horizons…
Powered by the 3DEXPERIENCE® Platform, SIMULIA delivers realistic simulation applications that enable users to reveal the world we live in. SIMULIA applications accelerate the process of evaluating the performance, reliability and safety of materials and products before committing to physical prototypes.
Here at DASSAULT SYSTEMES, we empower people with passion to change the world. Let’s open new horizons together with the power of 3DEXPERIENCE virtual universes!
DASSAULT SYSTEMES has an immediate opening for a Software Engineer within our Structural Solver & License Integration team within the SIMULIA group in Johnston, RI.
What will your role be?
This person will join a team, which oversees the design, development and continuous improvement of our solutions to provide value to customers in the areas of submission, management, monitoring, licensing, and visualization of simulation runs on OnCloud and on the user’s hardware.
The Challenges Ahead
- Understand user requirements and design capabilities in the context of the 3DExperience ecosystem
- Innovate to continuously improve the performance, robustness and scalability of our simulation workflows.
- Understand the portfolio plans, committed values, and position new developments in this context
- Analyze and develop as needed code usage and logging metrics to identify areas for code quality or software performances improvements
- Reveal and disseminate knowledge on architecture/data flow/persistency/logging mechanisms for effective communication
- Define and describe functional behavior, limitations and acceptance tests of capabilities
- Design operable software (such as validation check on 0% downtime, code upgrade compatibility)
- Select best algorithms or technologies to use.
Your Key Success Factors?
- Education: BS, MS, or equivalent in the Computer Science
- Excellent programming skills in C++ and/or Java.
- Experience in designing systems with components running on many machines.
- Experience developing customer requirements into a technology and deployment plan.
- Experience with Web APIs/REST
- Experience working with transport layers like HTTP/TCP/web sockets
- Experience with cloud platforms like AWS and technology like Docker desired
- Experience with scripting languages like Python.
- Experience working on test automation, logging frameworks
Compensation & Benefits
Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match (50 cents on the dollar, up to the first 8% of your eligible compensation that you contribute based on match eligibility criteria), flexible time off policy, and 9 paid holidays.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.