Imagine New Horizons…….
At Dassault Systèmes DELMIA brand, the Quintiq suite of products exist to help businesses solve a wide variety of their planning problems – ranging from factory scheduling, long term planning, workforce planning to logistics and rail planning. At the heart of all these products sits technology that lets the developers focus on the business problem they are trying to solve, that lets the users interact with their plan while still providing a consistent view, that supports large numbers of concurrent users while being resilient to hardware failure and that allows automatic optimization to evaluate countless alternative solutions in parallel. The department that develops and maintains this technology is looking for a new Senior Software Engineer. Our department is located in ‘s Hertogenbosch, a city in the Netherlands, and a lot of the work happens on-site.
What will your role be?
- The Software Engineer is involved in the entire development cycle, from specification and architecture to development, unit-test and support.
- In this role you will be part of DELMIA Quintiq R&D department, where you will work on the next generation, cloud based, planning solutions.
- In this position you will work in a team of highly skilled software engineers that share your passion.
- Drive innovation by taking responsibility of parts of our technology stack and push it further.
- You imagine where you could take the technology, but at the same time realize what is needed now.
- You enjoy bouncing problems and ideas of your colleagues, happy to share both the burden and the rewards
The challenges ahead
- The DELMIA Quintiq R&D department is looking for a Software Engineer, who has a passion for computer science.
- You will help out defining how our puzzle experts model and solve their planning puzzles, this requires a strong interest in new languages and compilers.
- As our applications can be large and complex, we move the barrier of entry for creating scalable cloud applications.
- We have an evolving development methodology, based on agile principles and using modern tools.
- We continuously incorporate new technology into our stack but also have a large codebase and not everything is modern.
Your key success factors
- You possess a degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- You have an experienced track record in Software Engineering, where you have shown to take responsibilities.
- You are as passionate about learning new technologies as you are about delivering a functioning solution.
- You demonstrate experience/familiarity with many of these languages or tools: Java, Kotlin, C++, Linux, GraphQL, Spring
- You will demonstrate working knowledge/be able to explain the following: co-routine, bytecode, MVCC, cache-line, ACID
- It will be a pre if you are able to articulate significant interest in some of the following: typescript, react, angular, Haskell, Scala, Rust, NoSQL.
- Fluent in English Language is essential for leading discussions and delivering is essential.
- Agile and comfortable working in a culturally diverse and matrix organization is required.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate with passion is a key imperative skill.
As a game-changer in sustainable technology and innovation, Dassault Systèmes is striving to build more inclusive and diverse teams across the globe. We believe that our people are our number one asset and we want all employees to feel empowered to bring their whole selves to work every day. It is our goal that our people feel a sense of pride and a passion for belonging. As a company leading change, it’s our responsibility to foster opportunities for all people to participate in a harmonised Workforce of the Future.