Medidata: Power Smarter Treatments and Healthier People
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,900+ customers and partners access the world's most trusted platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com and follow us @medidata.
At Medidata, we help life science companies bring innovative treatments and therapeutics to market. Our software is used in over 60% of clinical trials. We are proud to have helped our customers deliver COVID-19 vaccines at record-breaking speeds. Now, we’re bringing the same level of innovation and efficiency to other areas of life sciences. We are building a world where novel life-saving therapies are developed faster and safer. How about that for a mission?
Our team: Our team is responsible for building applications that help clean and semantically enrich our data. Our tools help customers standardize clinical trial data to get it ready for regulatory submission (i.e. FDA), perform advanced cross-study analytics, and deliver innovative data capabilities using data collected from hundreds of thousands of studies.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for experienced engineers who share our passion for solving real-world problems and someone who thrives on shipping frequently. Someone who has experience designing and developing web applications and APIs and deploying them to production. Someone who deeply understands design and architecture concepts and prides themselves on delivering clean, maintainable quality code.
Here is a list of tools and approaches we use. We don’t ask you to be an expert in all of them, but we expect you to be productive in this environment.
- This team primarily builds Web applications with ASP.NET Core and React, with sprinkles of Python. We’re always open to exploring alternatives. Our technology stack across Medidata is very broad.
- You should have deep experience with developing web applications, APIs in ASP.NET Core,
- You should have deep experience in relational databases and know how to write optimal SQL. Writing SQL is an art and in many situations happens empirically. So our developers are also digging deep into query plans, optimizing joins, and improving aggregate clause performance.
- We deploy our applications in AWS. Because we practice DevOps, we expect you to have a good understanding of Infrastructure as Code (CloudFormation/Terraform) and container-based environments.
- We strongly believe in full test automation, which helps us deliver quality features faster. Test automation helps us deliver better software. Whether you write your tests first, or not, is a personal preference, but our developers are responsible for quality. When our engineers deliver software, it includes unit and integration tests. We don’t throw quality over the wall to QA.
- We embrace OO and functional programming but are not pedantic about it. We favor immutable state and prefer composable functional abstractions over large class hierarchies. You should be experienced in both OO and functional programming methodologies and be able to leverage the advantages of each method.
- We love clean and maintainable code to help us deliver quality software that’s easy to maintain. We hope you have a similar passion for great code and abstractions and can show us some of the work you have done!
- We embrace agile and iterative development. Notice the little ‘a’ here. Regardless of the framework, we focus on first principles of being agile. We do our best working in smaller batches to iterate to a great solution.
- Our team members own their code. They effectively work together to solve complex problems. They care more about the team effort than individual accomplishments. We’re looking for someone with the same attitude.
- We value clear and concise communication. We believe it’s key in any environment but is non-negotiable in a remote setting. Given that a lot of our work is asynchronous, we put a high premium on long-form writing. You should be able to communicate your ideas clearly in written form.
Medidata requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for an accommodation as determined by Medidata, consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship on Medidata due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Company requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for a medical, religious or state-required accommodation or otherwise exempt consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons. Definition of full-vaccination: Employees are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.