Imagine new horizons...
Dassault Systemes’ Spatial Corporation is the heart of hundreds of 3D modeling applications in diverse areas of engineering. We develop the 3D modeling kernel called ACIS. We are seeking a highly skilled software developer with an interest in developing geometric modeling software in a commercial environment.
What will your role be?
As a Software developer, you will be working on developing the ACIS solution, which is key for modeling software in a commercial environment. Your work will enhance and support 3D geometric modeling algorithms in operations such as feature recognition, polyhedral modeling, and solutions that support the creation of additive manufacturing. In addition, your work gives you the opportunity to collaborate with other development teams around the world.
Here is a simple question to illustrate the work - how do you determine if a point is inside of a 3D triangular mesh? How would you code that? You have the solution; add it to your resume.
The challenges ahead
· Developing, enhancing, and supporting 3D geometric modeling algorithms in operations such as Booleans, Filleting, and Local operations.
· Enhancing the reliability of a mature and complex software system with a large user base.
· Responding to customer-driven enhancement requests and incidents.
· Communicating clearly with customers and other development teams around the world.
Your key success factors?
· Degree in Applied Mathematics; Ph.D., M.S Engineering or related degrees with a strong Computational Mathematics, Computer Graphics, and / or relevant experience in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Physics or Mechanical Engineering will also be considered
· Proven experience with Mathematical algorithms at M.S / Ph.D. level; for M.S candidates, 1-3 years’ experience developing algorithms / commercial software
· Experience with C++ development will be strongly considered
· Knowledge of Object Oriented programming concepts
· Experience testing and debugging code is an asset
· Exceptional communication skills when presenting to a diverse audience
· Strong analysis and problem-solving skills; Innovative problem-solving required
Compensation for this role will be commensurate with experience. The total expected compensation range will be between $109,000 and $140,000, representing the base salary (or annualized salary based on estimated hourly compensation) and target bonus.
Join Dassault Systèmes, The 3DEXPERIENCE Company Everything becomes possible with Dassault Systèmes’ 3DEXPERIENCE virtual universes! Serving 230,000 customers in 11 industries, from high-tech to life sciences, fashion to transportation, we help businesses and people around the world to create sustainable innovations for today and tomorrow. Get on board a leading and fast-growing company of 20,000 talented professionals.