Imagine new horizons...
Dassault Systemes’ Spatial Corporation is the heart of hundreds of 3D modeling applications in diverse areas of engineering. We develop the 3D modeling kernel called ACIS. We are seeking a highly skilled software developer with an interest in developing geometric modeling software in a commercial environment.
What will your role be?
As a Software developer, you will be working on developing the ACIS solution, which is key for modeling software in a commercial environment. Your work will enhance and support 3D geometric modeling algorithms in operations such as feature recognition, polyhedral modeling, and solutions that support the creation of additive manufacturing. In addition, your work gives you the opportunity to collaborate with other development teams around the world.
Here is a simple question to illustrate the work - how do you determine if a point is inside of a 3D triangular mesh? How would you code that? You have the solution; add it to your resume.
The challenges ahead
- Developing, enhancing, and supporting 3D geometric modeling algorithms in operations such as Booleans, Filleting, and Local operations.
- Enhancing the reliability of a mature and complex software system with a large user base.
- Responding to customer-driven enhancement requests and incidents.
- Communicating clearly with customers and other development teams around the world.
Qualifications - External
Your key success factors?
- Degree in Applied Mathematics; Ph.D., M.S Engineering or related degrees with a strong Computational Mathematics, Computer Graphics, and / or relevant experience in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Physics or Mechanical Engineering will also be considered
- Proven experience with Mathematical algorithms at M.S / Ph.D. level; for M.S candidates, 3+ years’ experience developing algorithms / commercial software
- Experience with C++ development will be strongly considered
- Knowledge of Object Oriented programming concepts
- Python, MATLAB, or any related programming language will be considered
- Experience testing and debugging code is an asset
- Exceptional communication skills when presenting to a diverse audience
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills; Innovative problem-solving required
- Commitment to high standards of code quality
- Ability to function in a team environment
- Appreciates and fulfills aggressive goals
- Demonstrates superior organization skills
- Ability to complete projects in a timely fashion
- Exhibits a positive, desire to win attitude
Compensation & Benefits
Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match (50 cents on the dollar, up to the first 8% of your eligible compensation that you contribute based on match eligibility criteria), flexible time off policy, and 9 paid holidays.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Company requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for a medical, religious or state-required accommodation or otherwise exempt consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons. Definition of full-vaccination: Employees are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.