Imagine New Horizons...
NuoDB provides a modern cloud-native, cloud-agnostic distributed SQL database that delivers on-demand scale- out and continuous availability for high throughput transactional workloads.
At NuoDB, we’re energized by tough problems. We think differently. We’re passionate about innovation and invention. We’ve taken on a challenge other companies have been unable to master: building a distributed SQL database for a cloud-native, cloud-agnostic world.
What will your role be?
NuoDB’s SQL team is a distributed team spanning 7 time zones, its mission is to model query execution on top of an elastic, distributed, always on, multi-tier database engine. Our engineers are comfortable working at the edge of the current state of the art and believe in clean, modular architecture. Our responsibilities cover everything from the parser through the query optimizer to the execution engine.
We are looking for someone with the depth and breadth of experience to help us further push the envelope of what our query engine is capable of - someone who has already solved hard problems in the query execution space and is looking for new, tough challenges. Someone who can help us apply the latest research and techniques to solving the problems customers are facing today, as well as the ones they will face next year.
The challenges ahead
- Be the ‘go to’ guy for any question related to query execution
- Help guide the future direction of development of the SQL engine
- Apply state of the art database research to practical problems seen by our customers
- Architect, design and develop features in the query engine
- Work effectively as part of a highly distributed team, help to build and sustain a culture of cooperation and knowledge sharing
Your key success factors
- Must have :
- 5+ years of database kernel development experience, in industry or research
- 5+ years of experience with C++ or similar language
- B.Sc. in Computer Science
- Nice to have :
- an M.Sc. or Ph.D. in a domain related to query execution or optimization
- General skills :
- Superb analytic and debugging skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to explain complex technical issues
- Experience with large, complex code bases
- Strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design/architecture
Compensation & Benefits
Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match (50 cents on the dollar, up to the first 8% of your eligible compensation that you contribute based on match eligibility criteria), flexible time off policy, and 9 paid holidays.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Company requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide documentation of full vaccination, unless qualified for a medical, religious or state-required accommodation or otherwise exempt consistent with applicable law. Although accommodation requests will be considered (and granted where appropriate/possible), it may be determined that a candidate is unable to adequately perform the essential functions of the position without imposing an undue hardship due to customer requirements, staffing needs, or other business reasons. Definition of full-vaccination: Employees are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.