Imagine new horizons...
At Dassault Systèmes, we empower our employees and support their passion for changing the world and building the future. So let’s design new horizons together with the power of 3DEXPERIENCE virtual universes!
What will your role be?
Develop core technology in our Solid Mechanics FEA solver Abaqus/Explicit. Gain knowledge of the current HPC architecture and evolve it to support GPUs and other accelerators. Work with experienced developers to learn the numerical algorithms spanning features such as finite elements, contact, and constraints. Then, recast the same for efficient usage of the accelerators in combination with the CPUs and deliver robust solutions with shorter turnaround times. Hopefully, you will become a future leader for HPC, delivering improved customer productivity.
The challenges ahead…
- Understand user requirements and design capabilities to deliver best in class experiences
- Propose relevant enhancements by understanding user behavior (data analytics and probes study)
- Understand the portfolio plans, committed values, and position new developments in this context
- Understand the competitive products landscape in the scope of their work
- Learn and stay at state of the art on software development practices, technologies
- Analyze code usage metrics to identify areas for code quality or software performances improvements
- Learn and promote component re-use
- Design new components for re-use in collaboration with architects
- Define and describe functional behavior, limitations, and acceptance tests of capabilities to deliver
- Design operable software (such as validation check on 0% downtime, code upgrade compatibility)
- Select the best algorithms or technologies to use.
- Perform feasibility study (prototype, POC) to validate
- Technology/components proposal with Architects
- User experience proposal with user experience Designer
- Validate software
Your key success factors?
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or a Ph.D. in Mechanics related fields with significant programming experience
- Modern software development skills (HPC, parallelism, algorithms, etc.... )
- Familiarity with the architectures of computing hardware
- Background in programming for the accelerators such as GPUs will be a plus.
- Skilled in programming languages such as C++. Familiarity with FORTRAN is a plus.
- Software design methodologies: Specifications, Design, Prototype, Implement, Test, etc.,
- Communication skills: both oral and writing.
- Problem-solving capability
Compensation & Benefits
Dassault Systèmes offers an excellent salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with experience. Benefits include a choice of plans providing comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, vision care for employee & dependents as well as employee life, short & long term disability, tuition reimbursement, immediate 401K enrollment, 401K match (50 cents on the dollar, up to the first 8% of your eligible compensation that you contribute based on match eligibility criteria), flexible time off policy, and 9 paid holidays.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at 3DS are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. 3DS is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. 3DS will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.